Respected Contributor

Re: Could You Live in a Convent?

Yes I could. It looks really nice.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm wrote:

It's beautiful.

One thing that bothers me is......I like to go barefoot in the house.  Socks sometimes.  No shoes.  Ever.

I feel like my feet would be filthy on the bottom because all the floors looks so .... dirty.

I want something I can dustmop (no swiffers for me), or steam mop or use my Bona system.

But it is beautiful.

@Lucky Charm

The floors all appear to be very old & well worn tiles, bricks, and wood.  Very typical for this part of the world and the age of the building which could be 200-300 years old or possibly older.   Looks clean to me so maybe you're thinking the old worn out look is dirty.

Respected Contributor

In a New York minute.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I find it incredibly beautiful. Would't want to live there indefinitely but I would like it for an extended vacation place to which I could return continuously.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Seeing that animals are allowed, absolutely!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Absolutely, positively, 100%, most definitely, YES.

In fact, my passport and 10-lb morkie can be packed and ready to move in ten minutes flat‼️

Respected Contributor

If that building were anything other than a convent...you bet I could because its in Tuscany and its stunning. 

I had 12 years of Catholic schools in the 60s and 70s. We had to clean the convents as kids (dust, sweep, vacuum) but were only allowed in the emtryways and hallways or common area. But noooooo way because I would be looking for “sister” to be running through the halls like a nut with her ruler, just waiting to crack you across the knuckles. Boy the stuff they got away with, but if one got it we all got it. 

Super Contributor

@lolakimono Thank you for sharing. I thoroughly enjoyed looking at all the pictures, Yes  I would live there, it has a beautiful almost comforting presence to it that I find very inviting. 

Honored Contributor

Yes. No issue with that as it's simply a dormitory for nuns (once upon a time).

Now a church that has been made into a private home....that wigs me out and I would have to pass. We had that opportunity once and it was beautifully done but it gave me the creeps; no way. I know someone (an artist) who purchase a small church that was to be turn down and made it her home plus studio and again, it's gorgeous but to me...just feels wrong.

Guilt, lol. I bet you it's guilt as per my religion.

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono, I would love to visit a convent for a holiday but I don’t think I would want to live in one.  All those hard surfaces, can you imagine how cold that would be in a real winter?  Maybe there is no winter where this one is but we are in the middle of January deep freeze so that is the first thing that came to mind.

I went for a convent.  It never looked anything like this though.  Lots of beautiful hardwood and wood work.  Very warm atmosphere.  LM