Esteemed Contributor

We ordered a new Stickly couch in February and we are still waiting for it. I forget what we even ordered! This couch had the cushions you don't sink into. Not sure of height. Restoration Hardware has great sofas also. These are pricey sofas. Eight way had tied kiln dried frames adds to support. Good luck in your quest. Pray we receive ours before a year! 

Honored Contributor

We were so pleased with our first La-Z-Boy sofa purchase that we purchased again from them a few years later for another room. We were able to choose style, fabric, and cushion support both times. We paid more to upgrade from standard cushions to a firmer option. Both our sofas are very comfortable. 

Super Contributor

@Goldenmoher wrote:

Ethan Allen has  a 22 inch seat height sofa. You can get extra firm foam cushions. They are $$$ but will last a long time. Flex steel is also good.

Thank you for your reply.  I went to Ethan Allen...got the best service ever...bought not just a couch that I love (tall and firm) but also the whole living furniture there. The decorator came out, took measurements, plotted the things I bought and how they fit and look, got a printout of it and now we WAIT...delivery is MONTHS away.  So thank you for the tip, it was great! Now I have a printout of my living room and I can add things or remove and know they will fit. GREAT SUGGESTION!  Ethan Allen has come a long way from the styles they used to carry.  Now they are up to date love everything abut them. Next is the dining room.  See what you created LOL?  Thanks again.

Spoiler
Heart
Valued Contributor
JUST bought a loveseat & chair from Bob's yesterday! Delivery Oct & Nov-not bad in today's climate. Tested it out in person after checking online. I've been to high end, local & "chain" stores searching for these items. Bob's won on this purchase!! I'm 5'7" and was a perfect fit! And love the style & comfort factor on both pieces.

I also bought a tiny loveseat for my "fun/zen/getaway" room from Wayfair early last year. Luckily that turned out great too, but that's a gamble you take with something you can't test out. I went based off reviews for that purchase.
Honored Contributor

I bought a sofa from Overstock in May--got it in 5 days--free shipping---was a little freaked out that I actually did that without sitting or looking at it in person---but it turned out to be very comfy. it's a 3 seater reclining sofa in a medium and dark grey mottled fabric---was easy to put together and looks good too. is sturdy and smooth to recline---do I absolutely love it--no, but it fits in my small livingroom and is way better than the 2 arm chairs I had in there. Would I buy online again --no, next time I want to go find the one I really want.

Valued Contributor
I went to Ethan Allen & they were super pushy & tried repeatedly (even though I told them politely wasn't interested multiple times) to sell me things I didn't want!!! All I needed was a loveseat & chair. I'm not replacing a whole room of furniture that I love because a pushy stranger salesperson wants a bigger commission by selling me more things. Totally turned me off to that store & I will never go back! Another high end store locally was not pushy but their prices were astronomical & I couldn't justify the price. I know you pay for quality, but also know sometimes places jack up their prices under the guise of "brand names". I did like something at another local store, but they were looking at Summer 2022 for delivery!! Didn't realize furniture shopping was a battle...lol.
Super Contributor

@plmokn  I'm so glad you found what you wanted. I'm planning to get my new sofa there too. I really liked the service I got when I went for a planning visit and will have the designer come to my home as well. I'm sure I'll have a long wait for delivery, but it will be worth it. 

Enjoy your new furniture!

Honored Contributor

@plmokn    Believe it or not, I purchased my last sofa from IKEA called the Ethorp.  It has sturdy cushions and it is high enough off the ground. For the price it is a steal.  There are slip covers. IKEA also has some new sofas they are offering.

kindness is strength