Valued Contributor

Does anyone have experience with Costco appliances? I'm looking at a Whirlpool fridge. Thanks. 

Honored Contributor

No, I havn't ordered from Costco,  but it is not a Costco brand so prob its the price that is different---

Respected Contributor

When we redid our kitchen we ordered all appliances from Costco, we didn't have any issues, this was in 2017 or 2018 though.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I have purchased all new kitchen appliances and also washer/dryer from Costco.  I love their white glove service.

Esteemed Contributor

Google is your friend.

Search the model number of your item and you can compare prices and find the date of mfg. 

You'd be surprised how old some of these bargains are.

Honored Contributor

Back in the day, I loved my Whirpool appliances.  Now, I use Samsung.

Super Contributor

Two years ago I ordered a refrigerator through Costco.  It made a terrible noise so I called Costco to send out a repairman.  He showed up within a few days,  said it couldn't be fixed and had Costco ship me a new refrigerator immediately. 

Stupendous customer service.   

Honored Contributor

Re: Costco Appliances

[ Edited ]

I have mixed feelings.  We've outfitted our kitchen with Costco appliances. Initially we were quite pleased but this past spring we had a problem with the fridge not staying cold.  Fortunately we have or old fridge in the garage so we moved everything out there.  We had a local guy fix it.  Since we paid with our Costco Visa, the repair cost was covered and we were reimbursed.  Then the dishwasher had a problem.  DH submitted everything and they keep asking for copies of things that he's already submitted three times!  We're still waiting for our reimbursement.  Talk about frustrating.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Costco Appliances

[ Edited ]

@ECBG I had terrible experience with Samsung. I complained so many times, Samsung reimbursed me for a new fridge which was almost 4 years old, which we had purchased from Lowes. The ice maker kept freezing. I think I was on a first name basis with all the customer service reps! They have great customer service, but I don't think I'll ever buy another one of their products. Also had good luck with Whirlpool. 

Valued Contributor

Everyone thank you for your thoughts. I have the model number and will be checking around. We always had great service with Lowes when we lived in Texas. Hope everyone has a great day. I learn alot from these blogs.