Honored Contributor

Cordless Vac: I knew this but didn't know that!

[ Edited ]

I have a low-end model Dyson cordless vacuum that I purchased sometime during Covid lock-down.  I liked it a lot, but it didn't have the battery stamina to complete my whole house in one shot.

Well, I used it anyway until a couple of months ago when it died completely. I knew I could replace the battery, but I didn't know I could up its game completely! My kids went on A-zon and bought me a new battery.  What I didn't know was that it's a much more powerful battery than the one originally included with the vacuum.

It's a game changer!   I can do my whole house and keep on going and it's much more powerful then before.

I'm posting this in case anyone else is struggling with short battery life in their cordless vac.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cordless Vac: I knew this but didn't know that!

[ Edited ]

Love my stick vac!  Great for a quick cleanup of dog hair.  

Always use it in the bathrooms and kitchen.  Makes cleaning so much easier! 

Battery has not died yet...but I will keep this info!

Respected Contributor

My cordless Dyson is the best - it REALLY is a game changer - totally agree!

Esteemed Contributor

For sure, @house_cat .  It's the megahertz and kilowatts (If I am getting the term right).  I replaced a Shark upright cordless with a stronger battery and it has made a world of difference.

Nothing changes about the "delivery"of power to the unit, except the power to the unit is stronger.  Huge difference in performance.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for posting, did not know about swapping out.

DD has an old cordless Dyson, still going strong, but I like cords.

Since I had brain freeze I got a $25 Dustbuster on a stick to try and love the ease.

Dang, she might be right.