Honored Contributor

Re: Contemporary Vibe Sitting Room...

It's to "crafty" looking to me.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

The rug makes it too much green. Otherwise very well decorated room. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love this, it's pretty and relaxing looking and very interesting to look at. At first I thought maybe a bit too much green, but the longer I look the more I like! If one wanted to tone down the green a bit, they could use soft ivory shades in place in the printed ones!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Personally, I like the accent wall color and love the shades. Otherwise, I can pretty much take or leave the rest. I detest the bookcase and while I could make do with the sofa, I'd most likely have chosen something else. I don't mind the sofa pillows, but would probably have selected others instead and would leave the plain white pillows off the sofa. I don't like the chair, rug, ottoman as coffee table, fireplace art, or little white side table at all. Most of the elements are not for me, but somehow, it's still a sort of pleasant looking room and the space itself seems very appealing.

I do agree @faeriemoon there is something sort of 'first grown up apartment' about this one, but then again, we all have to start somewhere... Smiley Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

Another lovely room!  So pretty with nice light colors & cheery & airy feeling.  I like all the furnishings & area rug.  Beautiful windows but I'd rather have nice blinds that are more neutral.  I can see myself at either place .. however, you know my heart goes with coastal mostly.  Woman Wink

Thanks again @stevieb