Honored Contributor

Re: Contemporary Vibe Sitting Room...

It's ok. The only thing I think is awful are those shades or curtains. Don't like the design on them at all!

Trusted Contributor

@LavernLuvsShoes wrote:

Love the furniture, rug, shades, and the colors Heart - Very soothing and relaxed vibe...

However, I don't like that Boxy Bookcase thingy, and I'd get rid of a lot of the "accessories" - I prefer a more minimalistic look.

@LavernLuvsShoes   That was the first thing that I thought when I saw the bookcase.  My little grandkids would try to climb it.  Disaster waiting to happen.  🤦🏻‍♀️

Valued Contributor

it's pretty, but way too matchy-matchy.  I think they've gone overboard with the green.  

Esteemed Contributor

I like all the furniture pieces themselves but not in green.  Overall, the room is too neutral for me and I'm not a fan of the prints on the roman shades or pillows.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I think what I don't like about this room, and many others we have seen that are similar in feeling, is that it is very unsophisticated.  It looks like a young person's first apartment.  Just a collection of matchy things, and some tchotchkes displayed on a freshly painted shelving unit from mom's basement.

Honored Contributor

Pea green?  That would be an emphatic NO! 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I like the high ceilings. Any thing I ever like in rooms has to have high ceilings or I get claustraphobic. Grew up with high ceilings and still live in a newer style house with high ceilings. Just funny that way.

Honored Contributor

I like green, but there's too much of it in this space. The green sofa and the one wall would be enough for me. I would change the other pieces to neutrals. I don't like the floral print on the pillows and windows either. 

Trusted Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Pretty botanical print on the shade...

Outstanding-Living-Room-Design-For-Summer-28.jpg

Lovely except the furniture is not my taste. I would prefer a less streamlined look and the chair is a bit odd. I like a more traditional look with curved arms on the sofa and plumper, more comfortable seat pillows and back pillows. I do love the colors and the window shades. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I don’t care for the shades. They bring in too much floral for me.