Respected Contributor
Well,the condo I had my eye on,already has a pending.I guess u snooze you loose.
Back to square 1!
Honored Contributor

Very sorry.  Maybe it won't go through; I'd watch it while you're reshopping.

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:
Well,the condo I had my eye on,already has a pending.I guess u snooze you loose.
Back to square 1!

I'm sorry, @Luvsmyfam.

It wasn't meant to be.

Muddling through...
Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam   As disappointing as that is, you'll likely find a place that you'll be even happier with in the future - & when mortgage interest rates come down.

Shopping for a new home can be difficult and can take a while. Hang in there, & you'll find the perfect place.

Esteemed Contributor

There are times when a realtor will accept a backup offer so don't hesitate to ask if you are totally in love and are pre-approved for a mortgage.

Don't hold your breath for mortgage rates to drop. Once they drop 1-1.5%, asking prices will skyrocket again.

Trusted Contributor

Sorry!

This has happened to me many times, at first I got really upset and sad but then I learned that there's always something else on the horizon. 

So never fear, another one you'll love just as much or more will pop up.

Happy hunting!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Trusted Contributor

So sorry Luvsmyfam! But it may fall thru. . .and if it doesn't then it just wasn't meant to be. I'm a firm believer in fate.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Respected Contributor
  1. We have lost out on a place we really wanted after a realtor decided to sell to someone overseas who offered cash and almost double the asking price. Can't compete with that. 
Honored Contributor

Well, it's not over yet!  Pending still gives hope.  However, I would keep looking.  I always try to remember, and sometimes it hard, that if you lose out on something, it's because it's not meant to be and something better is ahead waiting for you!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I am also 67 years old, and cannot imagine taking on a mortgage at this age, drawing SS.  

I was willing to work very hard to pay off our mobile home and this house, but neither of us had intentions to even be making house payments in our 60's.