Occasional Contributor

last year we put in a grey timber tech deck up with white railing! just beautiful we love it! it always looks clean and we put the lights on the deck too! just perfect!!1

Trusted Contributor

Put in a Timbertek deck about 8 years ago. It's a lighter shade of tan (can't remember the exact name). It actually matched the color of my house perfectly. Would highly recommend the product. Upkeep is minimal.

Valued Contributor
On 2/20/2014 esmerelda said:

When it's hot, it's hot.

When it's wet, it's slick.

Maybe not all, but some.

My BIL's deck, on the west side of his home is unusable. Can feel the heat through your shoes!!

Honored Contributor

My daughter has some kind of composite decking. I don't know what kind it is but it is wonderful. She loves it. I've been out on it in 90 degree weather with the sun beating down and it wasn't hot.

My guess is do your research.

Respected Contributor

Do NOT go to a Lowes or Home depot for this project!! You need to find someone who specializes in this area before you waste a LOT of money.

Things to consider:

Is the area prone to moisture? yes some are VERY slick when wet

Some get so hot they are unusable in the summer.

Will you be grilling on the patio? The fire rating vary by price. We had a neighbor who's had a house fire due to an ember off a grill setting the deck on fire. The fire spread VERY fast due to the composite material.

Between wood and composite we planned on composite, but in the end (after the fire) we went with stamped concrete. MUCH more $$ than I expected but a GREAT product to live with. well worth the money.