Honored Contributor

Re: Colonial Living Room Dressed for Christmas...

What a lovely room!!!  The tree is spectacular and the warmth and comfort of the room stand out!!!!!  Very appealing. The style of the coffee table is for me.

Super Contributor

Wow, look at that crown molding!  Gorgeous!

Man plans. God laughs.
Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@candyagain   Thank you for the positive sentiment.  I am in need of it.  

My apologies for the typos.  Forgot to proofread.  I'm a little frazzled!  Moving during this blasted pandemic has not helped matters, either.  And my Significant Other is being helpful but sort of scattershot.  Finally convinced him to calm down.  Don't want his pressure to go up, which happens when he is stressed.  

It will all get done.  He goes to bed early so I'll get more done, and more calmly, when he goes upstairs.

Trying to juggle moving smaller things out and over to the new place, confirm pros for the big furniture pieces, then wrangle a cable appointment, update address stuff, and on and on.  Can't wait to get everything crossed off my lists!

Cheers to 2021!

aroc3435

Washington, DC

@aroc3435 

Good luck on your move.  It's so hard to actually *move* your whole life, we've done it a couple of times. 

And once, settlement day was on December 30th and I could still kick myself for accepting that date for the buyer, and that was over 30 years ago!

Respected Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@stevieb   Another beautiful home.  Love the fullness of the Christmas tree.*  And, yes, not too fond of that painting.

@ECBG. I think that's a tea table.

I'm in the midst of moving about a block and a half to another two story townhome which is a tad smaller, and no back yard, and lacking the 1/2 bath on the first floor.  

Wasn't my idea . . . the serviceman and his wife had their first baby in 2019 and so now have to sell my current rental to buy a house in southern California.

So . . .didn't put up a tree this year so amy enjoying them bu seeing pictures of them when I takke breaks from purging aand packing.

Best wishes for the holidays while I still have my Comcast and wifi available . . .

aroc3435

Washington, DC

@aroc3435 

I am a bit confused by your post. Are you moving to So. Calif? Or are you moving a block and 1/2 to another town house?

And you said you have to sell your current rental?

Please excuse my addled brain.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Flatbush     Sorry I wasn't clear enough.  Nothing addled about your brain!  Mine, not so sure at this point.

My landlord is in the military aand is stationed in Southern California.  He and his wife own and are selling the DC townhouse I rent so I am in the midst of moving by the end of this year to another rental townhouse a block and a half away here in DC.

Best,

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aroc3435 wrote:

@Flatbush     Sorry I wasn't clear enough.  Nothing addled about your brain!  Mine, not so sure at this point.

My landlord is in the military aand is stationed in Southern California.  He and his wife own and are selling the DC townhouse I rent so I am in the midst of moving by the end of this year to another rental townhouse a block and a half away here in DC.

Best,

aroc3435

Washington, D

@aroc3435 

Okay, now I understand. I thought you were very calm considering that you would be moving across the country ! Thanks for clearing it up.

Honored Contributor

I agree with the consensus do not like that painting above the fireplace....and they can lose the orange topiaries on either side of it too.............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”