Honored Contributor

Collector's LR- Peak or Downhill?

A bold-color wall will help your collection stand out, whether it's a set of antique plates or a random assortment of vintage skis, like the ones here. "Because the skis are so many different lengths, we couldn't just arrange them in a straight row. We played around with this jagged pattern on the floor until it looked right," Cortney says. "You don't want everything to be too perfect."

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Collector's LR- Peak or Downhill?

Different, colorful and so unique. Great for a skier or a chalet on ski slope. Swish swish. 

Respected Contributor

I do like that it is graphic and colorful, and I think it's okay for a ski lodge or a teenager's room, but the chair doesn't look like it belongs in either.  

Honored Contributor

Clever use of old skis.

Honored Contributor

Cute for a Mountain Cabin or used behind a teens bed as a headboard.

I agree that the chair and flowers are not a good match at all.

Respected Contributor

I really like this.  It would be great in Colorado or in any skiing area.  The chair is a little off but sometimes different styles of furniture look good together.

Respected Contributor

I like the idea of the unique colorful skis, but not in this setting.  In my mind they are for sitting around in a casual comfortable room with a fireplace and friends discussing a great day on the slopes!

They are totally out of place in this more traditional room.  While I don't like the chair, I do like the fabric on it.  Absolutely nothing works together in this room,

Honored Contributor

There may be a place for this decor but it isn't in mine.  It is far from my taste but I will agree it might be a look for a ski lodge as other posters stated.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Suitable for an informal cabin setting, not as shown.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Would like it if I lived in snow resort area.