Respected Contributor

Re: Collected LR in Red & Turquoise

Garish.

Esteemed Contributor

No.

Now, if they softened the red and made it a bit more coral (but not too far, not peach) then I'd like it with that turquoise.

So funny how color effects us. I become physically queasy if I let my gaze rest upon certain warm colors, especially warm blues and pinks.

Honored Contributor

I think turquoise goes with all colors, some better than others.  I prefer wearing it with black, navy, denim, and white, but its striking with this red furniture.   

This room is much too oriental for me, but I'm thinking about how I could use the foo dogs and a few vases in my decor. 

Honored Contributor

Is that a piece partially sitting on the back of the sofa?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono  I love turquoise, not red so much.  This room is over the top and way too stodgy.  It needs much more light and a donation box.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I would leave some of the turquoise in as far as decor but not all.  I do love the couch and chairs and the room itself or that area of the room.  I do like this style and it is my taste without as much on the shelves.

Respected Contributor

I don't care for the color combo.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't like these two colors together at all. Maybe it's overload for me since they are the only colors in the room.

Respected Contributor

I really like the Victorian style furniture, but the turquoise and red is just too much.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm completely on the fence here. I can't say I hate it, but I don't like it. I do like red and turquoise together, but this takes it a bit far. Maybe if the upholstered pieces were a little more simple for starters.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...