Esteemed Contributor

Where have I been?  If you've had the issue of dripping water and coffee when pouring out of a drip maker, it might be solved!  I now lift the lid from the hinge while dispensing and there are no more drips/streams.  

I've long despised that mess and now to avoid it is satisfying.  I see that the lid is important in the "brewing" process, but really serves no other purpose than that.  Little things!

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

I am brewing my coffee right now!  

I always do that.  As soon as my machine beeps, I lift the lid, with a cloth at the back to catch the drips from condensation on the lid top, and lift out the coffee holder.  I toss the filter full of grounds and place a little lid watcher on the side of the machine to keep the lid partially open.  I like the machine to dry out inside between pots.

I always stir the pot of coffee too, before pouring the first mug full.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

I recently switched over to a perculator pot after being inspired by a thread on here!

I have to say I love it, the coffee is better, no spills when pouring and I feel so retro!

Remembering my mom's old Corning coffee pot with the blue flowers on it Smiley Happy