Trusted Contributor

Way too much wallpaper and the heavy wood beams don't fit the coastal look imo...whitewashed or white maybe would look better. The glass lighting over the dining table clashes with the upholstered chairs...too much a contrast for my taste. I do like the seashell collection case built into the wall. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Coastal Home...

[ Edited ]

The outside is pretty.  

The inside is way too cluttered.  And, on top of everything else, I don't care for wallpaper and drapes and curtains are a no for me.

I love that people post all these house pictures, fun to look at, but seriously, who lives like this?  They are all so formal and cluttered. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

Way too much wallpaper and the heavy wood beams don't fit the coastal look imo...whitewashed or white maybe would look better. The glass lighting over the dining table clashes with the dark upholstered chairs...too much a contrast for my taste. I do like the seashell collection case built into the wall. Maybe just one accessory that isn't blue would give more interest. Someone has some beautiful things.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb Which weekend for the holiday will it be available for my use?  

Super Contributor

bwlr.jpeg

This is a really nice scene.  All the colors and patterns, inside and outside, look great together.  I like the framing around the door, too.