Respected Contributor

Re: Coastal Home Vignettes...

@stevieb .....I think it's all very pretty though I'd have a difficult time living with that kitchen!  It doesn't say have a cuppa but rather have a tequilla!!  (which is not my vibe) Cat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I like everything but the wallpaper in the kitchen.

Honored Contributor

I love this house! I do not love the decor. There are aspects that are ok to me, but for the most part, I would re-do!

Trusted Contributor

House had good bones and great potential - that's the positive.  The rest is a redo for sure. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Rockycoast wrote:

I'll pass on this decor.  It does not read Coastal at all to me. These rooms are  Formal and stiff. Coastal is more of a relaxed, easy type of decor.

Again, agree to disagree. 'Coastal', as with any other form of decorating, has various incarnations. I don't much like the overall decor off these spaces, though there are elements I enjoy, but this is most definitely one, among many, ways in which coastal decorating is played out, albeit a more formal version. I mean come on, who'd put that kitchen in a country ranch house or English style cottage!? Smiley Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Don't care for this incarnation of "coastal."

Honored Contributor

I love the spaciousness of the house, very appealing.  I also like most of the furniture , some of the decor but do not like the kitchen at all.  I don't get a coastal feel but I would like to empty the house and redo it because of all that great space!!!!

Honored Contributor

My home is coastal decor! Love it! My goal is to get a conversation sofa! I haven't been able to find one but by hook or crook I wil have one sometime in the future. Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

The rooms are nice and spacious, and they have a cooling look for a climate that probably gets very warm.  In the living room, the chandelier appears to drop down from the sky.  The powder blue velvet couch is pretty.  The stair runner carpet is multi-color and unique looking (I enlarged the second photo of the living room to get a closer look at it).  It is unusual to see full length curtains in a kitchen.  The Le Creuset tea kettle, cups, and curtains match very nicely with the kitchen.

Honored Contributor

Love the colors and of course, the rooms are decorated for the cameras so there are lots of stuff I would never have in my house,  but very soothing and lovely.