Honored Contributor

Clinton Kelly's home in Connecticut

[ Edited ]

Anyone watching today's episode of The Chew?  I'm posting this here in the home section because it's about his home.

Today's toppic is fresh veggies & fruits from your farmer's market if you have any.  They talked about fresh tomatoes and they did a segment at Clinton Kelly's home in Connecticut, showing his garden.  He made great little tart crusts that he filled first with ricotta cheese and then topped with beautiful cherry/grape sized tomatoes halved with a drizzle of balsamic.  It was a beautiful dish.

My question is though, did you see this snipet at his house?  OMG, is it GORGEOUS or what???!!!  They showed mostly the back of it, very long with all glass windows and/or sliding glass doors, a rolling graduated step-down hill side all beautifully landscaped with flowers & veggies.  Just so lovely.

Honored Contributor

Re: Clinton Kelly's home in Connecticut

It's not on here until noon, but I'll be watching.  Smiley Happy   Sounds like fun, seeing his house.  

I had never heard of him until 'The Chew' started and at first didn't really know how he fit in there, but boy he sure does!   I enjoy him a lot.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Forgive me if I have misunderstood your post.  My question is why would you begrudge him a lovely home if he had worked and earned his money in a legitimate  way.  This makes no sense to me.  

I am referring to your last two paragraphs.

Honored Contributor

I bet it is beautiful and he's worked pretty darn hard on different shows to get there. Haven't seen it, but I'll bet it just is beautiful.

Honored Contributor

Clinton has had multiple tv shows, has written books, has a clothing line and The Chew. He is well educated, hard working and charming to boot. If none of this was true, and he could afford it  would he not deserve his home ?? 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gmkb  You're absolutely right.  I've gone back to my post and edited out those last 2 paragraphs.  You were very politically correct with me in posing what you said.  I chose to delete them before this post goes very snarky at me making comments I have  no business making.

I really more wanted to share with how lovely his home is and not end my post on a sour note.  Thanks for your post.  We need not mention now to others about what you & I are talking about here, just not at all necessary nor worth it.  I hate it when others are snarky, I do not want to be one of them.

And it's obvious a few here already read what I posted and then have deleted.  So I apologize to you all.

Respected Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD  You were wise to delete those 2 paragraphs from your post.  

Contributor

Thank you for clarifying that.  I kept reading the last two paragraphs wondering what you had written that was bad.

Trusted Contributor

I missed the show - I will need to go to the site to see about the tomatoe tartlets.  We had an abundance here - and thank goodness lots of people to share them with too.  

Esteemed Contributor

The area where Clinton lives is beautiful. My daughter was married at a New England inn there. Knowing Clinton's esthetic sense, I'm sure his home is gorgeous.