Respected Contributor

Re: Clicking sound on electronic ignitor gas stove

@SunValley   Thank you for the kind words.  My impression is that most of us here try to be helpful.  With just someone's written composition and no physical clues it is sometimes difficult to interpret what someone intends to convey.

Anyway, my honest reaction to the situation that was described  over the initial and a follow up post led me to the remarks that I made.  

My inherent bias remains to not fool around with this kind of situation, but it is not my home or life, so live and let live, as they say, and move on.   

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox 

I was always "afraid" when that happened -- I even don't like a gas grill for the flames.

Anyway, I called (or always called) my power company in NJ and since it's gas they came out within hours.  Most times they fixed it for no charge, although, not sure exactly what was wrong other than it just "clicked & clicked" but wouldn't light.

If your power company offers this service I would call them or a qualified repairman.

Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 

Thank you but I do not pay directly for gas and electricity, we are in a Co-op and it is in with our maintenance charges. I have the nose of a blood hound and would smell gas in 2 seconds flat.

We have had this issue before and it has always worked it self out.

I am hoping that this happens this time 

It was fine Sunday night before something got wet

@homedecor1 wrote:

@I am still oxox 

I was always "afraid" when that happened -- I even don't like a gas grill for the flames.

Anyway, I called (or always called) my power company in NJ and since it's gas they came out within hours.  Most times they fixed it for no charge, although, not sure exactly what was wrong other than it just "clicked & clicked" but wouldn't light.

If your power company offers this service I would call them or a qualified repairman.

Good luck!

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

The cleaning person must of gotten the ignition wet and now it clicks when the stove is plugged in.

I unplugged it in hopes it would stop. Its been two days and it has not.

Any suggestions.

I have tried to spray it will air and its no help

I've had this happen to me before after cleaning the stove top... I think some soap or something got in there.. I just took a clean, dry toothbrush and scrubbed it... it worked and now I've done that several times after cleaning, just to keep the igniter free ... 

Honored Contributor

Thank you all I took off the knobs and sprayed air and all sort of debris came out, it is possible that a piece of paper towel got stuck under the knob.

I plugged it in and the click is gone

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

The burners worked fine tonight, made great chicken burger, corden bleu for dinner

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@I am still oxox are all of the burner tops secured properly.Mine clicks if they aren’t on correctly.

Yes!  We had a Dacor cooktop that was really about about that.  If someone cleaned the top of the cooktop and hit the burners a little you'd have to realign them or they would click. 

Esteemed Contributor

Call the gas company - free of charge.