Honored Contributor

Clicking sound on electronic ignitor gas stove

The cleaning person must of gotten the ignition wet and now it clicks when the stove is plugged in.

I unplugged it in hopes it would stop. Its been two days and it has not.

Any suggestions.

I have tried to spray it will air and its no help

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: Clicking sound on electronic ignitor gas stove

@I am still oxox are all of the burner tops secured properly.Mine clicks if they aren’t on correctly.

Honored Contributor

@dex 

They are secure, it is definalty the ignitor that is sparking and clicking, thanks 

@dex wrote:

@I am still oxox are all of the burner tops secured properly.Mine clicks if they aren’t on correctly.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

If the flame does not appear, the ignition will keep clicking.  I used to use a match to ignite the burner so it would dry out and that seemed to solve the problem.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 

Thanks but there is a flame and the clicking and flame flickering continues, I have tried cleaning it off with alcohol 

@kaydee50 wrote:

If the flame does not appear, the ignition will keep clicking.  I used to use a match to ignite the burner so it would dry out and that seemed to solve the problem.

Esteemed Contributor

Alcohol is flammable so I would be cautious about that........also I would call an appliance company to come and check it out, you don't want to mess with gas.  Seems like there is a problem going on.  I have a fairly new gas stove and my burners click only until the flame starts.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dex wrote:

that is when mine clicks and sparks also, when the black tops on our gas stove are not aligned properly.

test them each out to make sure they are securely on the top of each burner and that you cannot wiggle them.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Hello @I am still oxox .

Didn't recognize you at first.

You got a new "face" (avatar).

I did that to a burner once. I recall taking all the pieces apart and blasting it with a hairdryer.

Google has a lot of answers to your question, here's one:

https://1stsourceservall.wordpress.com/2015/08/07/why-does-my-stove-keep-clicking-troubleshooting-a-...

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@LindaSal 

Thank you and alcohol evaporates and is no longer flammable, my hubby refuses to all a tech, he thinks the issue will resolve itself, it is possible the starter needs to be replaced.

Right now I have no cook top which is some what annoying.

I made chicken cutlets in my air fryer/broiler the other day and they were not great

@LindaSal wrote:

Alcohol is flammable so I would be cautious about that........also I would call an appliance company to come and check it out, you don't want to mess with gas.  Seems like there is a problem going on.  I have a fairly new gas stove and my burners click only until the flame starts.

Honored Contributor

Could be a misaligned burner cap. You can view how to realign it on youtube.