Honored Contributor

Re: Clever Use of "Wasted" Space

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️! Now stock up those shelves with some nice red wine & Kentucky Bourbon!!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Like the idea.  Not a fan of the different woods in the room.  

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

The space is too dark plus if you have cats, the glasses will fall off the shelves while they race up and down the stairs.

@OKPrincess As I mentioned in a previous post, I have a full bar underneath my staircase, similar to the one pictured. I also have 2 rambunctious cats. Never had we had anything move when my cats are tearing up and down the stairs! My goblets are all neatly tucking inside the cabinet. I would never think about a cats behaviour when looking at this terrific bar. Woman Surprised

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

I have a similar version.  It's not used as a bar, more just storage.  BBQ supplies for the patio and pool area.  It is a great way to use that space.  I do like the bar idea but have an actual bar built in so it would be redundant (and boy 2 bars in the same area...for somebody who really doesn't drinkSmiley Surprised)

Improvements catalog used to sell cabinets that fit under.  Never saw them in person but the pictures looked nice. Miss that catalog already. 

Respected Contributor

Way too cramped and dark.  I would have placed a cream colored setee (sp?) and a floor plant.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

We had a nice wet bar with doors under the staircase in one home, and where we live now there is a big walk in (then crawl in!) closet under the main staircase, which has a landing and is in a tall ceiling house.

It is wonderful!  Hides a multitude of sins!  LOL!!!