Honored Contributor

Re: Cleaning vinegar and Dawn

[ Edited ]

Perxiode works very well, there is a product calledOUT WHITE BRITE,you can get at walmart.To use for whites.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

i used   what viniger i had  distiled  and it did a great job was very impressed   i went nuts did all the windows in side my sliding glass doors all my photos that have glass on them no more that other glass cleaner    i thank you  

Trusted Contributor

@gtx 

I found it in the aisle that has the Windex, cleansers, etc.  Just got it last week at Wal-Mart.  It was the Great Value brand.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Respected Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

@Phantom41  When you mentioned that this is your 'go to' to clean the bottom of the fiberglass shower is it the same solution amounts others were using for windows?  Could you post how much you use of vinegar and Dawn to scrub the base of the shower?  I have tried everything and nothing seems to work.  I would like to give this a try but want to make sure of the amounts/proportions to mix.  Also, do you scrub it on the shower bottom and then leave it for a while before rinsing?  

Thank you in advance.. 

@ciao_bella I use this all the time. Go to the $ store and buy the scrubber with the handle you put soap in. Fill it with 3/4 vinegar and 1/4 blue Dawn soap and shake. Wet the tub with water. Sprinkle with baking soda and start scrubbing, it will make a paste. If the bottom is real dirty you can leave overnight and rinse in the morning. I use this scrubber on my glass shower doors but no baking soda. 

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

momtodogs. i got a recipe on utube for a laundry pretreat that has a half a cup of peroxide a 1/4 cup dawn and a 1/4 cup baking soda. shake it up well put on stains rub it in alittle let it sit a couple hours and wash. it does a good job .. better than laundry pretreats you buy. i know a profestional window washer that said they use what you said you use.

@Pooky1 A drop of blue Dawn on a grease stain, rub in with your finger and let it sit for a hour will take it out. 

Respected Contributor

panda123. that soung good to. i will try that when i do laundry again. that sounds easyer. im sloppy so im allways pretreating my shirts. thank you .

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I only ever clean mirrors and windows with equal parts white vinegar, regular strength, and bottled water and clean with paper towel. Zero streaks.

You can also use that 50/50 solution to clean counters and spot clean tile/linoleum floors with.

Frequent Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

No, I sprayed the window, used an old rag to 'clean' then wiped dry with a microfiber cloth....I am looking out the family room window, and still cannot believe how clear it is!

I also noticed in my bathroom the fixtures in the shower were pretty nasty...cloudy buildup  (stainless faucet) I sprayed that and then scrubbed with a scrubbie.....took off most of the buildup...the fixture is 30+ years old so to me it worked!!

Next is to try it in the shower surround, 30+ years old as well....I'd like to replace it but either the tub/shower has to come out, which is a HUGE job or have bathfitter put in a new fixture for me, but that won't happen this year, we've already spent the fixer upper budget this year.

If you want a really clean shower and bathtub, heat the vinegar in micro (hot) add a quarter cup of blue dawn, spray entire shower and tub.  let sit for 20 mins, scrub with a scrubbie and soap scum comes off really easy.  Youtube has some great hacks for removing mold and mildew from grout. I like the one where you cut strips from old rags,  soak with bleach and place the soaked strips around the tub on the grout and leave overnight if possible or several hours till the grout whitens.

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@gtx By the bleach section is where I find it at Walmart. But it could be other places too.

@gtx Usually on the bottom shelf.

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

panda123. that soung good to. i will try that when i do laundry again. that sounds easyer. im sloppy so im allways pretreating my shirts. thank you .

@Pooky1  If this does not work, repeat because it will come out.