Respected Contributor

Cleaning stainless steel appliances

What do you use to clean stainless  appliances?  I use Supercloths but there are some areas that show streaking and marks that won't come clean.  They are now 6 years old and don't look as nice as when new. Suggestions??

Respected Contributor

Re: Cleaning stainless steel appliances

I use Weiman products, they have a stainless steel cleaner and polish.

That's a pretty popular product that easily found in any home improvement store or sometimes on the shelves of grocery stores.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have new appliances with fingerprint resistance. They don't seem to leave prints all over them.

The slimline microwave fingerprint resistant was out of stock so it's just SS. You can see prints on it but it's not bad & they easily remove with a microfiber cloth.

I use microfiber on all my appliances. No smearing or smudges. I generally wash with hot soapy water & buff with the microfiber cloth.

I also have Weiman's SS cleaner in the spray bottle but don't use it daily. It works pretty good as does their quartz cleaner.

Respected Contributor

Windex and a microfiber cloth

Honored Contributor

Nothing works for me. I hate stainless steel.

Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Nothing works for me. I hate stainless steel.

I feel the same way!

Trusted Contributor

Endust Stainless Steel cleaner is supposed to be very good. Can't vouch for it myself but you can get it on amazon.

Honored Contributor

I've always Weiman Stainless Steel wipes and they always did a great job.  But my neighbor uses Murphy's Oil Soap on her refrigerator and it looks better than brand new.  She puts some in a spray bottle with water and uses a microfiber cloth.  It's amazing.  

Super Contributor

Wow, @Bri369, good to know, can't wait to try it!

Valued Contributor

Weiman wipes to get a good coat on (for some reason at least for me works better than the spray) followed by a paper towel to wipe off. Literally under 5 minutes to do my entire kitchen of appliances including fridge! And looks brand new/no marks or streaks!