Valued Contributor

Cleaning stainless appliances

I usually use water and a microfiber cloth on my appliances but sometimes they need a bit more!  What is a good product to use to clean stainless?

Valued Contributor

Re: Cleaning stainless appliances

Lemon Pledge works very well.

Esteemed Contributor

@honeybuns...I use pledge, orange clean.  Just be careful when spraying that it does not get on your floor, it will make it very slippery.  I usually spray the cloth, then wipe down the appliance.

Respected Contributor

I use stainless cleaner and there is a difference in brands. I bought some at the grocery store that was just meh. Then got some from an appliance store. Wow!  Does it work well and shines with NO streaks. 

Esteemed Contributor

The very best and easiest SS cleaner/polisher I used to get at The Dollar Tree. They no longer carry them though. Bummer. 

"Pure Michigan"
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@honeybuns

Weiman Stainless Steel Wipes (Got mine at Walmart)

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

@sassenach1, thanks so much for the lemon pledge suggestion. I went out and bought some and way easier than that stainless steel cleaner I was buying and cheaper 

Honored Contributor

@sassenach1 wrote:

Lemon Pledge works very well.

It also works very well on leather furniture.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I use a steamer for cleaning almost everything these days and that includes my stainless steel.  After, I hit it with steam I use a bio cleaner cloth to shine it.  Best thing I ever used.  The bio cleaner cloths are also the best for glass cleaning.

Honored Contributor

I usually use Weimans, but I find the best to be Painless Stainless.  Unfortunately, it can be hard to find.

“One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.” ~ Plato