Honored Contributor

Re: Cleaning laminate floors...suggestions?

Warm water on a microfiber mop or sponge mop, and damp not wet. I have had a lam floor in my kitchen for 17 years, still looks good, very light off white.

Super Contributor

I haven't used it on my new laminate floor yet, just moved in, but Method Squirt & Mop Hard Floor Cleaner was recommended. It is pet friendly. I have used it on some furniture, happy with the results.

I heard it is available at Meijer's, but got mine from Amazon.

Trusted Contributor

I've had laminate floors for about 15 years and I use a steam mop.  I do put distilled water in the water tank.  It's so easy to clean floors.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a variety of hard floor surfaces and love my Hahn floor steamer. It works on all of them and I only have to make one pass. Dries instantly and no streaking.

Respected Contributor

Another vote for plain white vinegar and water.  I've tried lots of different things, but nothing is as good as this.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

@zitawins  Our floors were refinished about 15+ years ago. We have always had two dogs and at least one cat. I started using vinegar and water about five years ago because the floors were beginning to look dull after using a cleaner. Following is a picture I took five minutes ago after washing my floor 20 minutes ago with cool water and vinegar.

0209180917_resized.jpg

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

wrote:

Hi...

I have dark SHINY laminate floors in my kitchen and hardwood floors throughout the

rest of my home.

With a microfiber mop, I use BRUCE Hardwood and Laminate floor cleaner.

I love it as it cleans BOTH laminate and hardwood making it easier to do all

floors at the same time if necessary.

And it also dries in TWO seconds !!!

It's great !! 💙

@Kat 13.  I saw an evaluation of floor cleaning products and it reccommended Bruce Floor Cleaner as the best product.  I had trouble finding it but finally got it at Lowe's.  I have cork floors which are made like laminate.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I use the Swiffer with the pads, not the tank.  These floors don't like liquid, they will lift if liquid is left on them, so I don't take a chance. 

Regular Contributor

Hi.  

I buy Bruce's at Shop-Rite.....Try your local grocery store or...

Call 800 233-3823 or go to www.Armstrong.com, the makers of Bruce's. 

They should be able to tell you where to purchase it in your area. 💜

Honored Contributor

My laminate flooring specifically stated to use only water and vinegar.   No chemical cleaners and no steam mop.