Respected Contributor

Cleaning laminate floors...suggestions?

I have had these for about 8 years and I have used many cleaners but Orange Glo everyday seems to leave them looking the best.  I used a microfiber mop with a big pad that can be washed.  I cleaned my floors and then took a damp paper towel and wiped across where I had cleaned and it was very dirty so I cleaned again and still paper towel was dirty.  I don't know how to get them really clean.  Any suggestions?

Respected Contributor

Re: Cleaning laminate floors...suggestions?

I use a shark steam mop, but I have vinyl laminate,

Super Contributor

Iuse Murphy's oil soap.  Love the smell and shine.

Honored Contributor

@chiclet

Wood laminate?

I have only ever used vinegar and water with a microfiber rag.

Every once in a while, I will add a few drops of Dawn to the bucket.

Honored Contributor

My housekeeper uses a product that she sprays on the floor then goes over with my Don Aslett mop - she uses the mop pad dry so the only thing wet on the floor is the stuff she lightly sprays. When our floor was installed they specifically told me not to get it wet - damp is ok - wet is not.If it gets wet , it has to be dried immediately. In between the housekeeper cleaning these floors I just sweep it with the dust mop pad of my aslett mop.

Regular Contributor

Hi...

I have dark SHINY laminate floors in my kitchen and hardwood floors throughout the

rest of my home.

With a microfiber mop, I use BRUCE Hardwood and Laminate floor cleaner.

I love it as it cleans BOTH laminate and hardwood making it easier to do all

floors at the same time if necessary.

And it also dries in TWO seconds !!!

It's great !! 💙

Trusted Contributor

@chiclet   I have had good reults with damp mopping with vinegar and water mixture , or a product called bona . It is a hard wood cleaner you can spray on and wipe with a microfiber mop. Bed bath and beyond and home improvement stores i know have it.   You should not get your hardwoods and laminate wood soaked. What liquid you do put down,  immediately dry thoroughly. 

Esteemed Contributor

@chiclet  I use a spin mop and cool vinegar water on our Pergo. They come out beautiful. I have Pergo downstairs and real oak upstairs. On the Pergo, I walk behind my work with a large towel just in case any water is left.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Valued Contributor

When we moved in to our new town home last year, we were told specifically NOT to use vinegar because it will dull the shine. I use a swifter with cleaning pads or simply a bono lightly sprayed with water.

So far they look grand.

Honored Contributor

Not saying mine look the best, but I Swiffer them and occasionally use a steam mop that dries quickly.