Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cleaning, is it on a schedule, or an 'as needed' basis?

When I was still working, everything had to be done on Saturday and Sunday. Now that I'm retired, I do "as needed". I read an article probably 30+ years ago that made sense. It read that it may be more efficient to not try and work on a "schedule" because (for instance) the day the heavy vacuuming is scheduled may be a day you feel under the weather and would rather do the ironing or something else that's "low key".

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

When I was working I worked 7 days a week and may have had any day off so nothing was ever scheduled, and , honestly, it was much more of a mess than it is now. We had dogs then too and , much as I loved them, they do make a mess. Crumbs everywhere, muddy paws and dog toys all over the place. One of our dogs loved to go into trash cans and carry out crumpled papers and kleenex and leave them around the house.

Hilarious!  I'm not a good housekeeper.  All I can say is thank God for the dishwasher and the washing machine.  Otherwise nothing would get done.  I know it's terrible, but what can I say?

Esteemed Contributor

I used to have a cleaning schedule when I worked and cleaning was done Saturday's.......now that I am retired....it gets done as needed for the most part.....