Honored Contributor

Cleaning closet - and a find!

I spent a couple of hours today (still not done) cleaning and organizing part of my closet.  I was surprised to see just how many already empty shoeboxes I had stuffed into different parts of the closet.  Now those are all ready for recycling.

I'd bought some of these by Fresh Home Elements in which toFresh Home Elements Blox Shelving w/Customizable Pockets - V35755 

store shoes on the closet's upper shelf.  I put them on their sides and slid the shoes in sideways.

And best of all, I found a necklace I thought had been lost a long time ago!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: Cleaning closet - and a find!

I love those unexpected finds.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I was cleaning out a closet today and came upon a pair of black ankle booties I forgot about.  Lucky me.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Found a dark grey wool gored knit skirt I had ordered and received last summer, but then misplaced. Actually, it was neatly folded under the pink cashmere sweater I had planned to wear with it! Guess I was too organized for my own good.

Have been looking for that skirt for several days and feared it had been dropped in the Charity bag of clothing last month. Huge relief!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

Merry Christmas to you @GingerPeach.

Yes, doesn't it just make your day when you come across items you misplaced or

somewhat forgot about a while ago?

I was searching high and low this past summer for floral earrings and you know when

I found them? When I stopped looking for them! Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

My problem is I find things I have duplicated.  I am orderly and organized but often I just slip up.  

Esteemed Contributor

Some years back My father passed and I ditched his checkbook in my closet. I forgot where and searched for 2 years. I found it in my closet in a boot I never wear 🤣 I never closed the account and it was great found money. Not a lot of money but a nice gift.  I learned not to hide things so well. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Happy Thanksgiving too you all. 🦃

Respected Contributor

@bonnielu

Years ago, when Chico’s opened near me I was still consulting and needed a nice wardrobe, esp. the Travelers line.

The first time I found that I had already bought a tank top the same color, I immediately created an Excel spread sheet with every type clothing down the side and the color name across the top.  Kept it updated for about a year...then just didn’t t need anymore Travelers.  

( Still have some 2-piece sets.)

HTH

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Shopping the closet can be a real eye opening experience. It's so nice when I find something I like and had forgotten about.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Cleaning a closet can be a treasure hunt!  Enjoy your new finds!