Honored Contributor

Re: Cleaning Out Cabinet

[ Edited ]

@NickNack , I you want some really good dusting cloths ,that actually pick up the dust, Guardsman cloths are my favorite.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@NickNack , I you want some really good dusting cloths ,that actually pick up the dust, Guardsman clothes are my favorite.

Thank you @goldensrbest .  I think I've used those in the past.  I may try them again.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Regular Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@cw88   If I didn't flush, I would have to put them in the garbage, same difference.  By the time they are first in the septic system until it is cleaned out, they would be dissipated.

@mousiegirlHi, mousiegirl, garbage goes to landfills that have liners to prevent groundwater contamination. In the septic tank - drainfield, there is no treatment for medications either, and they dissipate into the groundwater.

I'm an environmental worker, so I had to speak up. Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@NickNack   I cleaned out the master bath cabinets and drawers, and had an enormous plastic bag loaded, old pills I just flushed.

@mousiegirl Pills are supposed to be turned in, not put into the water supply.

Honored Contributor

We need to take ours meds to the recycle for hazardous waste. Same place we take computers, tv, electronics.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl   Our Walgreen's pharmacy takes old pills to dispose of them properly.  Other pharmacies probably do, too.  I have a cat and mix my old pills in with the cat litter and throw it away.  I've read that's an acceptable way of getting rid of them, too.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@NickNack   I cleaned out the master bath cabinets and drawers, and had an enormous plastic bag loaded, old pills I just flushed.

@ECBG   I have not heard of that around here.  A few aleve won't ruin the system and as i said, my septic takes care of them over a period of at least eight years.

Valued Contributor

WE WERE TOLD BRING OLD MEDS TO THE POLICE DEPARTMENT  THEY GET RID OF THEM   NEVER EVER FLUSH THEM

Honored Contributor

Re: Cleaning Out Cabinet

[ Edited ]

I took all of my husbands medications to a Walgreens fairly close to our house.   They have a secure dropoff box for unused or expired medications. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@ECBG   I have not heard of that around here.  A few aleve won't ruin the system and as i said, my septic takes care of them over a period of at least eight years.

@mousiegirl Meds still go into the ground from a septic tank.  Ground water comes out in streams, to rivers, and on.  A lot of animals could be exposed.