Esteemed Contributor

Cleaning Natural Hardwood Floors

I have a spin mop which I sometimes use and sometimes I use my Haan steam mop. My floors have been looking so yukky lately with the dogs in and out and the bad weather. My bff had hardwood installed and had swedish finish applied (which is what I had mine done in 15 years ago) and her installer told her to use white vinegar mixed in the wash water. I looked up on line and it said 1/2 to 1 cup in a gallon of water. I did that today with my spin mop and it brought new life to my floors. I use white vinegar for my windows, but never my floors. Who knew?

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Trusted Contributor

Re: Cleaning Natural Hardwood Floors

White vinegar is awesome.  Try using it in your bathroom.  I saves an old dawn dishwashing bottle, fill it with wvin and add a couple drops of dawn.  Squirt it in your tuvb and sink, all over your grout and ler ot sit a few minutes.  Scrub or rub it down with microfiber or sponge.  Sparkles.  If,you're on pinterest there are tons of boards with natural cleaning remedies that include white vinegar, baking soda etc.  (1 c vin in toilet for 30 mins, add 1/4 c bak soda (will,fizz bcuz of the acid/base relationship) brush it down with toilet bursh... Sparkling!  Cheap and non toxic! 

Trusted Contributor

Does anyone know if you could add the vinegar to the water in your Haan ?

Esteemed Contributor

@silver fox wrote:

Does anyone know if you could add the vinegar to the water in your Haan ?

I don't know the answer, but here's the contact info for Hahn: 1.877.422.6347 or questions@haanusa.com. This info is a bit old, but it may still be good.

Inspirational Quote Graphic

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Trusted Contributor

@pattypeep  THANK YOU !!!!

Honored Contributor

ProShot- like a brand new floor and then easy to damp mop to a like-new finish.

No I'm not Mrs. ProShot but this stuff is SO amazing I feel obligated to mention it every time the subject comes up.