Honored Contributor

I got a new set of hangers so I went all through my closet and gave it a good and through inspection. To my surprize - I threw away 2 blouses only! Both are not a style I wanted to wear anymore. Otherwise , kept everything. Apparently my past 3 years of cleaning out and seriously purging my closet has paid off. BTW - I was impressed by how much space was made in my closet by getting rid of the fat  plastic hangers and putting in the much thinner hangers Qvc had on special last week.

I still have a lot of shoes so I need to go thru them I guess.I keep them on the closet floor in clear plastic boxes.

Esteemed Contributor

That's got to feel good. It's a time-consuming task. Good on ya. Enjoy.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

IT is amazing how when you do a big purge, then stop the acquiring, just how cleaned up an area will stay for long periods of time.

I'm finding that areas I really cleaned out in the last few years, now have very little to get rid of when I go through them each year again. Good sign I'm maintaining.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

IT is amazing how when you do a big purge, then stop the acquiring, just how cleaned up an area will stay for long periods of time.

I'm finding that areas I really cleaned out in the last few years, now have very little to get rid of when I go through them each year again. Good sign I'm maintaining.

@Mominohio  At least until CIJ, lol.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I got a new set of hangers so I went all through my closet and gave it a good and through inspection. To my surprize - I threw away 2 blouses only! Both are not a style I wanted to wear anymore. Otherwise , kept everything. Apparently my past 3 years of cleaning out and seriously purging my closet has paid off. BTW - I was impressed by how much space was made in my closet by getting rid of the fat  plastic hangers and putting in the much thinner hangers Qvc had on special last week.

I still have a lot of shoes so I need to go thru them I guess.I keep them on the closet floor in clear plastic boxes.

@151949  I did this last year, donated a tons of clothes and havn't bought any, but the closet is still bursting, unbelievable!  I think the clothes in there grew, lol.

Respected Contributor

Very impressive, you should feel great!

Honored Contributor

Since my last purge all I've bought were replacements for items that I had to get rid of - and maybe 5 items total beside that.Purging is no good if you keep buying.

Honored Contributor

@151949

I am a huggable hanger lover for lots of years! They certainly take up less space & my closet(s) look "empty" because looks like the space grew!  

I have the Q version also.  The only drawback is no clips to hang skirts ... 

I think I've only bought 4-5 pieces of clothing in the past year (except for swimsuits/cover ups).  I purged about a year ago & it made me a little sick to put brand new w/tags on it in the donate bag.  Next, I'm going to tackle all my Coach & Dooney bags (ugh).

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Mominohio  At least until CIJ, lol.

@mousiegirl

I'm already bracing myself, hoping I hate everything they offer! LOL Always excited to watch, but learning I don't need much of anything.

Every year, the pack up (and putting it out) makes me want less and less of what I'm seeing.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl

Rather than " grow ", the clothes must be reproducing, lol !

I think this is what happens to DH's socks !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill