Respected Contributor

Re: Clay Cleaning Compound - Gets an "F"

@ROMARY  My aunt used to use tooth powder in the flat metal can way back in the day. I had never seen it before and thought she was crazy. We used good old toothpaste at home.

Esteemed Contributor

I really only use Bio Cleaner for sterling and silver plate. It did nothing for my previous SS kitchen sink. I bought mine on eBay and saved. Right now the one I have has broken into several small pieces and is therefore a mess to use.

I will try it on my not very dirty shower doors this week using my turbo scrubber.

Honored Contributor

You can buy toothpowder.Eco dent , is one brand.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I bought something like it years ago too and it was so-so-----would never buy it again. too much elbow grease needed for me.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

in my opinion.  Forgot I bought it once - bought it again.  (stupid memory)     You have to rub and rub and rub to get clay soft .  Then rub and rub and rub it on your soiled surface.  409 and Fantastic = squirt squirt  rub rub = done

(or Softscrub on stainless)

@fthunt  Just in case, I wanted to make sure you didn't forget to wet the sponge before rubbing it over the compound.  I've found it takes no effort to get the sponge a little "white" from the compound.

If you are wetting the sponge, then disregard this post.

Obviously, it's not a miracle worker (nothing is, really) but for what it does, I've found it does it nicely.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I purchased the product when it was a TSV last year or so...I used it, not impressed at all and when I opened the container months later....there was mold on the product!