Contributor

Re: 👩‍🏫 Classroom👩‍🏫: Before & After

@jackthebear -Thank you! I found some today that might work.

@lolakimono -Oh my goodness, rock on!  Your creativity is so inspiring!

Honored Contributor

@redwrite wrote:

@jackthebear -Thank you! I found some today that might work.

@lolakimono -Oh my goodness, rock on!  Your creativity is so inspiring!

@redwrite 

I'd love to see your pictures when you finish your room!

Super Contributor

From one teacher to another - CONGRATS! Have a fantastic year!

Respected Contributor

I felt like I needed to do something special because I have been stalking my principal for this room AND many of our students do look at school as their "home" so I would like it to be confortable for everyone.

@lolakimono  I get it! Our school serves the same student  population you mentioned. The kids are great and deserve to feel like school is a special place!  We do too! Keep doing what you're doing...it's worth it! 🥰 

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

This is is wonderful for you!  And I am looking forward to more posts and pictures!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

When the teacher is ready, the classroom will appear! 💕

I love all your choices, and the students will be wowed. I have a real fondness for those paintings. I'm very drawn to them.

Don't forget to teach your students those critical bargaining skills. You created win-win situations out of each one of them. 

This school year is already spectacular!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono As always I truly admire your dedication and your obvious genuine love and concern for your students. They are very lucky to have you.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono    I'm amazed at your decorating! The students will love it and be glad to come to your happy place. It's so bright and cheerful. 
  After all the work on your room you are considerate of the other teachers and will help them. You are an inspiration! 
  Thank you for brightening my day. 
     P. S. I majored in Art! 
      🏢 🪜🛠🪡🪄🖼📚📝

Honored Contributor

Still not finished (I reported on Monday).  They have built in about a half day for leaders, so when other teachers have work time we have been in meetings/trainings.

Somehow everything needs to be ready by Wednesday morning at our back to school events.

When my mom was here we went to two antique stores. We found this little guy for $18. At the beginning of virtual learning I bought a turtle footstool from Etsy, and I use it daily when sitting to help with posture. 

This is how he started out.

I knew that I would not paint him, because our school color is red.  I could not abide the rooster decals and I need some comfort in a footstool. 

The head was on upside down, so I thought I would just flip him over and unskrew the legs to upholster and fix the head.

Unfortunately, they had also used wood glue, so I couldn't remove the legs and the head had been broken and glued back together so his head is upside down.  That is perfect because he is unique and school is sometimes upside down.Cat LOL

I bought some foam and used the vintage fabrics from Etsy.

If I have time AND I get finished this week, I'll try to remember to post more pictures.  

Life is busy.  

Respected Contributor

I'm amazed at your decor.  I was a high school math teacher for many years.  Some of my classrooms were in the old building and some in the new building.  Other than special ed and home ec, I do not recall any decorated classrooms.  Bulletin boards were used for announcements and assignments.

When I student taught in elementary grades, we were graded on our bulletin boards.