Honored Contributor

If I walked into that home, I would immediately think a hoarder,

on some level, lives there. A rich, affluent hoarder. 

Respected Contributor

Excessively cluttered!   Those beautiful bones have been made to look junky with all the excess!

Esteemed Contributor

@ladycos wrote:

I love lthe rich tones and the beautiful furniture. Some might think it's cluttered. I have no complaints.

IMG_5923.JPG

Beautiful and warm!  I think the reason it feels cluttered is the display of stuff behind glass.  i guess it's an old fashioned look that does not look right anymore.  we had something like that in the home I grew up. But that is the only thing i don't like, and the frame hanging from it.

Trusted Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@ladycos -

What an interesting picture with that question.

I would not think of this as cluttered because it is classic looking elegance.

It looks like it is well lived in.It does not strike me as a designer room with stuffy sterile trying too hard to impress designs.

It's a welcoming room that says make yourself comfortable as I serve you some tea and scones or coffee and biscuitsSmiley Happy.Look through a book as you wait for your host/ess,

talk to each other without interruptions.

I like it.

@on the bay 

I totally agree with your comments. 

I usually don't care for Victorian,antiques etc.  Can't stand stuffy. But I don't care for plain or sterile either. 

As over the top as some would say this is, I find this room calming to me.  It is done in very good taste.  I don't see one thing that I don't like. Warm and cozy.  I would love to have tea and scones in this room with you and anyone who would want to join us! 

Honored Contributor

This is a visual nightmare to me; my eyes actually hurt looking at this room.  

Yes, there may be some beautiful pieces of furniture here, but visually I cannot get past the extra decorative accents that I truly dislike to see anywhere.  

A stuffed room like this closes in on me and I can’t find a way to be comfortable in it.      

Honored Contributor

Visual overload.  Too dark.  Other than that . . .   I could live with it.

Respected Contributor

I would remove a few pieces of furniture to open up the room more. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Classic or cluttered ?

[ Edited ]

Classic. Some beautiful traditional furnishings, but the room looks dark, which certainly dates it by contemporary decor standards. I would probably just change the wall color to maybe a rich, saturated gold.

I am on my second downsize in 13 years. Thank heaven my ex took the massive DR set. I have no idea where he would have found room for that thing. It cost $$$$ and would have been difficult if not impossible to sell, and for pennies on the dollar.

I love the beautiful traditional furnishings, but most are the wrong scale for my home (too large).

Trusted Contributor

To be fair, we really don’t know how large the room is and where the walls are. It could be a huge room and seeing it in person may make it appear different. It is a lot of pieces grouped together, though. 

Honored Contributor

Cluttered mess