Esteemed Contributor

I love the building.  Instead of using modern furniture, I would contrast the building with some lovely Early American furniture and antiques.  For instance, a long antique wood dining table with black handmade bow back chairs.  I would have such fun decorating this place.

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono Love the style.....love the simplicity accented by the Gothic stained glass windows.  Beautiful

Esteemed Contributor

Love the building love the windows. Decor is too cold & sterile looking for me. It doesn't look warmly inviting as in "come sit down and put your feet up, let me bring you a cup of tea".

Honored Contributor

I like when old churches are repurposed rather than torn down.  But something doesn't look right about this one.  I think the sparse white interior is inconsistent with the stained glass windows.  I'd have either removed the windows or decorated in a warmer, more conventional style

Honored Contributor

Re: Church as Residence

[ Edited ]

While there are elements I wouldn't have chosen, the design and decor both have appeal. But nope, I'm just not thinking so.  Not for me, anyway. Not only are there too many modern elements, but deconsecrated or not, it still really feels like a church to me and that somehow doesn't feel right. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

In my condo search, I've seen churches, schools, warehouses, and factories that have been repurposed for living spaces. Many are done very well.

Esteemed Contributor

The stained glass windows are so beautiful, but somehow the modern sleekness (for lack of a better word) just doesn't give such a beautiful old church the warmth that it should have (IMO).

Respected Contributor

The brightness & high ceilings are nice.

The rest NOPE

Valued Contributor

I like it but, every time I would take a bath. I would feel like I was being Baptized over and over again Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

I am crazy in love with all the beautiful stained glass windows.  Gorgeous!