Super Contributor

Christmas Tree when you live alone

[ Edited ]

If you live alone do you put up a Christmas tree? I am divorced and at first I did still put up a 4 foot tree but last year I didnt. I am not sure that I will this year. I guess I feel silly putting it up for just me, and now that company will not stop by this season.

Respected Contributor

Re: If you live alone do you

I don't live alone but I haven't put up a tree for a couple fo years. I get the small real ones and put a few ornaments on them. I also have a couple of small faux ones I put here and there. 

Trusted Contributor

Don't feel silly putting it up for just you.  YOU are worth it!!

Super Contributor

I donated many decorations we had after the divorce and our tree. Then I got another tree that had built in tinsel, it was very pretty. I donated that a couple of years ago then last year had no tree.  I had a grapevine tree with clear lights that I donated too. I do have alot of very nice decorations though and some that my Mom and Dad had gotten me thru the years that I do miss using with no tree!

Respected Contributor

For me it just depends on if I'm in a decorating/Christmas mood.  I have all the fixins, sometimes I go full out, some times a small trea and sometimes nothing.  Do what feels right for you when the time comes closer. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: If you live alone do youd

[ Edited ]

@OhioAngel wrote:

If you live alone do you put up a Christmas tree? I am divorced and at first I did still put up a 4 foot tree but last year I didnt. I am not sure that I will this year. I guess I feel silly putting it up for just me, and now that company will not stop by this season.

@OhioAngel 

Yes.  I have a fresh tree delivered.  Gives me immense comfort and pleasure at Christmas.  

There is nothing  like the scent of a fresh Douglas fir, sitting near a warm crackling fireplace, and a glass of wine, hot chocolate, or spiced hot apple cider in hand.  Music on.  Enjoying some special cuisine.   A good time even if alone.😊

41383FAC-FC5C-45CB-B072-EC719925E40D.gif

~Life is short. Enjoy everyday as if it is your last day on earth. You could die tomorrow.~

Respected Contributor

I don't put one up, I go to my daughter's for the holiday now. I do have a couple of 1 ft trees but keeping them boxed this year.

Super Contributor

The only tree I ever get is the pre light tree Smiley Happy  Used to not like the job of putting on the lights and my hubby would do that until we get the pre lit. 

Respected Contributor

@OhioAngel wrote:

I'm a widow, all my friends in the neiborhood who came here have died,so no I don't put up a tree. I do decorate my kitchen table with Valerie for each holiday, and enjoy it immensely. My son and DIL go out if town. I trimmed so much when my husband was here, but not any more. In the winter time in WV it's dark by 4:30, go to bed and watch TV. Don't miss it a bit. 

Super Contributor

@OhioAngel wrote:

I didn't do it last year because my back was a mess, but am definitely putting it up this year ... as early as possible. If you get enjoyment out if, put it up; if not, don't. I find that even years where I'm feeling less seasonally enthusiatic I really like having the tree lighted every night. I put a timer on it and come home to it lighted.