Respected Contributor

Re: Christmas Tree decorating style, what is yours?

..it's July; I'll get back to you in mid Novemeber...lol

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have an extensive collection of ornaments I've collected for 35+ years - Radko, Lenox, Waterford, Wedgwood, Belleek, Hallmark, etc.  I also buy an ornament in every location I visit while on vacation.  If I used all of my ornaments, I'd probably have to put up 10 trees!  As it is, last year I put up three.  I had a Victorian tree, a tree I decorated with jewelry as an homage to Kirks Folly (a discontinued line of beautiful costume jewelry the Q used to sell), and a smaller tree decorated with bird ornaments and feathers.  This year I may do a Hallmark tree.  That's the thing with having such a stockpile of ornaments - you can have different trees every year and it never gets boring!    

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I usually follow a color theme somewhat but not a theme in the type of decorations.  Some people do a snowman, santa, etc., but I have a lot of ornaments in all shapes and sizes that I love so there may be an owl hanging next to a blown glass  anything.  It's pretty and I like it and that's what matters. 

Respected Contributor

Not a fan of "theme" trees in the home.  Our tree is a little of everything -- including gifts and ornaments we have purchased while traveling.   It is alot of fun to bring them out once a year and remember where each one came from.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

Both (when I put up multiple trees).  Main tree is catch-all of old, handmade, etc. (mostly stuffed, wooden or metal because of cats).

Kitchen tree had all food/kitchen ornaments.   Bathroom tree (doesn't everyone have one? LOL) went with my (unfortunate) pink tiled bath, so it was a girly tree - pink, burgandy, lace, pearls, chrystals.

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

disneytree.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

disneytree.jpgI made a Mickey Mouse tree for hubby's Den.....He loves Disney.......I have other trees in our Living room and Family room....

Esteemed Contributor

I also have a 'Frozen" tree in my granddaughters playchristmasfrazen1.jpgroom....

Honored Contributor

Our tree leans toward a log cabin/woodsy/nature theme...with a mixture of ornaments 

nature elements include lots of pine cones, berries & twigs...

vintage/family ornaments...some 50+ yrs old...that although aren't related to the theme, they do make our tree special and hold memories for us.

nature/bird/animal ornaments I got over the years...like from the lodge at Yellowstone National Park (a wolf, bear, moose, etc)...many bird related from different places...QVC, our local wildbird habitat store, online at various places, etc.

Here are a few pics...

P1500700.JPG

Honored Contributor

P1500701.JPG