Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas Tree decorating style, what is yours?

I too like the Merck Family Old World Christmas glass ornaments.  I have quite a few but not as many as you, I'm sure.  They're very tempting to collect.

Trusted Contributor

My style is more like LR's. I love the richness of metals and red.

Christmas 2011 tree.jpg

Christmas tree 2012.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

P1500702.JPG

Love your tree. I used to collect owls. I had to stop if you know what I mean. I have since boxed most of them up. I got tired of dusting all of them. I have over 100 owls.

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I also have a 'Frozen" tree in my granddaughters playchristmasfrazen1.jpgroom....

My sisters granddaughters would love this.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I now have a one foot tall silver (tinsel-type) tree that sits on my living room coffee table.  I ornament it with gold and silver and red ornaments.

And in the kitchen I like to sometimes do a "partridge in a pear tree"  to which I add some Quacker mini-sweater ornaments (like the little purple dog sweater) from years ago.

gold and silver.jpg kitchen tree 2.jpg

Your pictures didn't appear.  Did you upload them here from your desktop?  You can't copy and past pictures from your computer.

Honored Contributor

An eight foot real green tree is in the living room every year. I decorate this tree with old fashioned colored lights, and glass ornaments which I have collected since I first set up housekeeping.  I always go to Macy's for 50-75% sale on Christmas decor, so add these ornaments the following year.

The family room has Lisa's nine foot white flocked with clear lights tree.  This tree is decorated with the red mercury glass birds, red bell stars from Macy's, and I just bought Valerie's red glitter picks so these will be added this year.

The kitchen has the Bethlehem Lights, I think, colored lights flocked tree and this is decorated with gingerbread, candy, and cookie ornaments, mostly gingerbread.  I posted pictures of this here after Christmas.

I have a very skinny woodsy tree, not Christmas tree type, in a corner of the kitchen right inside the door which has Valeries beaded fruit from long ago, bought on ebay, and birds year round.

Various garlands, wreaths, Annalee dolls, Charming Tails, Woolies, flameless candles gingerbread houses, Steiff bears, etc. are placed here and there.

Basically, I am a traditional red and green girl at Christmas, especially red.

Contributor

I'm a traditionalist!IMG_1287.JPG

Honored Contributor

Our green artificial tree has colored lights and a hodgepodge of ornaments from over 50 years: some handmade; some were gifted to me; some purchased.  I use dark red beads as a garland with a burgundy and gold tree skirt.  While I think theme trees are really pretty, they don't tell a "story" like my tree does. 

Trusted Contributor

I posted this last season in the Holiday Home thread, but here's another shot of my tree from last year.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In my living room is my 7 1/2 ft tree. My style is definitely vintage with a variety of different eclectic ornaments collected over the years and multi colored lights.

And I have a small tree in the bedroom decorated with angels with white lights.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”