Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas Preparations - How is everyone doing?

My small tree is up and my house is decorated.  I don't do a lot.  I still have to address Christmas cards and wrap presents.  I don't have many presents to wrap and will try to do my cards today.  I don't send many Christmas cards anymore.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

Our outside lights are done, and most of the grandkids' gifts are here (thank you Amazon...2-3 day delivery on everything!).

However, we are in the midst of a kitchen remodel which cost WAY less to have it done between Thanksgiving and the New Year.  So, no baking or entertaining this year at our house, which is fine with me.  We'll go to our sons homes, as well as other get togethers with friends. I am truly happy to take a year off from the responsibility, and may just make it an annual thing.

Honored Contributor

I hung my beautiful natural wreath on my front door yesterday.  All I have to do is bake.  It is too early for that.

I don't shop...I give cash and I don't decorate anymore, so I am almost done.

Respected Contributor

My decorating is completed. Yay. Just enjoying it now.

Respected Contributor

We don't decorate much and just put lighted garland on the farm gates.  No one can see our house back in the woods even at night so don't add a lot of decorative lights.  Actually don't want to call attention to our home  so not an issue for me.  We go to my son's for Christmas morning and the boys are grown so we just do cash for them to use as they wish.  My son's family decorates with several trees etc. so we get to enjoy their festivities.  Will have a low key holiday.  I don't go to parties or receptions any more (my choice).  Have cards ready to mail and gift cards ready for cash.  No wrapping needed.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Doing a bit of decorating each day. 

Finished list: Electric candles in front windows, New small table top tree up in sunroom, front door wreath and bows on porch lights, garland with lights hung, assorted decorations in rooms

To do list: Large tree in living room, nativity set, Christmas village

We don't give gifts anymore so no stress there. We don't have children. We write checks to our teen and young adult nieces and nephews. 

I have continued my late mother's tradition of baking cookies to share with family and friends. I will start making those a week or two before Christmas. 

Honored Contributor

All gifts are bought, house decorated.  I stirred up buckeyes this afternoon. Tomorrow after work I will start rolling them...they take forever to do, but my husband likes them and I give a lot away.

Respected Contributor

I finished decorating yesterday.  All the gifts needed have arrived and just need to be shipped out which I'll do next week.  Wrapping and cooking have to wait until I reach my holiday destination about 10 days before Christmas.  In the meantime, I'll just enjoy the decorations at my house.  Oh, I still need to write Christmas cards.  I guess that will be tomorrow's job.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

Thanks for your interesting reply!  I am glad to read everyone's thoughts about the holiday season!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Roscoe the Rascal 

My, you really are on the ball!  How was the party?

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin