Honored Contributor

Christmas Preparations - How is everyone doing?

Just wondering where everyone is on their Christmas preparations?I think I am more ahead this year than I have ever been!  Don't know why.  I was really struggling and didn't think I was ever going to get anything accomplished.  I finished my decorating 2 days after Thanksgiving.  It has been taking me 3 days but this year it only took me 2 for some reason.  I finished all my shopping over a month ago and already sent packages that needed to go out probably a week ago.  Also, made myself sit down and do all my cards --- close to 50 of them --- and they've been in the mail for almost a week!  I'm ordering a few cookies from a nearby bakery and we already know what we've having for our dinner and have most of the needed ingredients.  Now, I just have to tackle the wrapping.  This is really tedious and I end up feeling all stiff and sore.  But, I'm really happy that I have things pretty much under control for once and don't have to feel all anxious about how I'm going to get everything done! I hope things are going well for everyone else! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas Preparations - How is everyone doing?

You know, the other day for the first time I was thinking going out for a rare time in a store, it was all so hectic, so uncomfortable, all the hustle and bustle and trying to get things done, just even normal things, I was so glad to be home and thought, it shouldn't be like this.

I've always loved presents, giving and getting, the cards, the decorations everything! But all of a sudden it seemed just too much and I thought of that John Grisham book-skipping christmas-not that I'd ever want to but just tired.

Wondering how much to give etc.

I am happy about the presents I got for the grandkids and do look forward to them opening mine. but then I do think kids get so many presents.

Oh well, feeling a little scroogish.

Watching "The Man Who Invented christmas on Hulu, a very imaginative story about Charles Dickens creating his famous story.

Well, at @AngelPuppy1, perhaps you didn't want a book on your interesting question!🥴

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

My home is decorated, presents all bought and wrapped.  Ready to rock n roll.  Tonight is my first party with my gir!friends.

Fun from here on out.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am all ready- house decorated, tree up, light outside, presents purchased, wrapped and under the tree, cards addressed and ready to mail.  The only thing left to do is shop for Christmas dinner and I will do that the week of Christmas.  Oh I also made gingerbread men which we ate as we decorated the tree.  I may make more cookies but not sure what kind.  Also this weekend DH and I are making eggnog martinis to try out and see if we want to serve them to our guests on Christmas.  

Respected Contributor

Very impressive Ladies !!!!

Honored Contributor

I mailed gifts to my son, dil, and grandkids before Thanksgiving. I have one more gift to get.

I'm having Dad and some of my immediate family here for Christmas Eve. Everyone brings a dish so one person doesn't have to do it all. As we did at Thanksgiving, only the vaccinated are coming.  

Honored Contributor

Christmas music only is playing throughout the day

Decorating is done 

Christmas dishes only are in use

Using a Christmas scented soap in the shower

Christmas scented Hempz lotion is on the nightstand 

Menu is planned

Shopping is mostly done

Nothing is wrapped

Esteemed Contributor

I finally finished decorating on Tuesday.  Yesterday I wrote out Christmas cards but I haven't finished, I actually ran out of cards.....for some reason I could have sworn I bought more after the season last year!   Evidently that was the year before??  Losing it, LOL!    Anyway I will go out  and get some today as I plan on mailing them all on Friday.

I do have my shopping done, I always start early but especially this year as most was done online.  I have everything I need, just have to wrap a few gifts.  It's easy for me as I only have my adult kids and their significant others.  DH and I stopped buying gifts for each other years ago as we would rather vacation (in the real world) and go out for nice dinners.

Honored Contributor

I normally decorate the day after Thanksgiving, but this year we went out of town for the weekend with our church, so I have been decorating after work this week-finally finished up last night-just a few small touches to add, but otherwise all finished!

This is out 1st Christmas in our new home, so it was fun to see how different everything looked and also how well it all came together....

Honored Contributor

Done!  But then we are minimalists by not.  Big tree is up in the front window and outside lights are on.  Carolers, angel and 2 nativity sets up, 1 box of Christmas dishes out, stair garland up, 2 gifts bought, gift card for mail carrier, and we are ready

No company, no trip out of town, no work gifts, no events except streaming church services, no gifts to wrap.

A couple of favorite shows to see, panettone to eat, favorite cookies, a pie and some really good steaks ant that's it. ENJOY!!!!