Valued Contributor

Christmas In July with Martha Stewart

I am one to give credit where credit is due...I wanted to watch the CIJ show with Martha Stewart, so I decided to give it a try (JT was the host)...she was talking professonal, calm and was not her usual self in presenting...it was actual watchable which is exactly how it should be all the time.  Now did she mention family...yes....but it was short and exactly how it should be and acceptable.  I hope she either was ask to just do her job and present the products or perhaps she is reading the post.  Anyway, she did a good job.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Christmas In July with Martha Stewart

Don't get too excited about JT reading our remarks nor management intervention......she was always very different when working with MS during fashion shows.  Like in the presence of the queen.  JT showed great respect.

Esteemed Contributor

I had to turn it off and NOT because of Jane.  It was because Martha is unwatchable to me.  If I gave my reasons it would be unkind and poofed.  Doing a lot of checking recently on air for today.  

Valued Contributor

@fthunt Thanks for the heads up...I have never watched a fashion show, this was my first time, I just wanted to see what Martha Stewart was presenting and for a change JT was watchable for the first time to me....

Valued Contributor

@mspatmac   I understand and know what you mean...just was a late night and I could not sleep so I gave it a try.

Esteemed Contributor

@happilyretiredgirl 

It is probably becuase Martha Stewart does not like the Hosts to interrupt her .

I did hear JT tell Martha Stewart that her daughters were going to try out Martha's new restaurant  and she said " my daughters wanted to makesure I told you ".  Well, Martha Stewart did not acknowledge the statement by JT at all .

Later Alberti was Hosting with Martha Stewart and he made a point to  basically ask Martha Stewart to be patient for a few minutes while he gave up dates . I also noted  in both shows there was only One Host  with Martha ... 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fthunt wrote:

Don't get too excited about JT reading our remarks nor management intervention......she was always very different when working with MS during fashion shows.  Like in the presence of the queen.  JT showed great respect.

@fthunt, could have been out of respect or more likely out of fear. Fear that Martha just might tell her to put a sock in it....and rightfully so. It seems to me Martha isn't one to suffer fools and their foolishness gladly. Good on her.  

Respected Contributor

I'm very fortunate: I enjoy Jane, and love Martha.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I caught a little of that show early this morning when they showed a repeat of the night before.  Jane was restrained and Martha seemed tolerant although I wouldn't say it was a match made in heaven. Martha seemed to do a lot better with Alberti. I did like a few of her items although I didn't buy anything.  I have enough tchotchkes.  

Respected Contributor

Martha's items are lovely. The gold swan is breathtaking!!