Esteemed Contributor

Re: Christmas In July with Martha Stewart

@Roscoe the Rascal 

Martha was asking where Rick was during the presentation . You could see that Martha  enjoyed Rick there  Hosting. I think she also to a lesser  degree  prefers Alberti Hosting . Rachel was trying to keep  things moving, but came across a little bossy with  Rick   . 

Respected Contributor

@vsm wrote:

I wasn't bowled over by Martha's offerings, but I thought she looked terrific.  I'd buy that cinnamon-y colored sweater she was wearing in a heartbeat.

@vsm  Yes, that was a stunning sweater...simple and classy!

Honored Contributor

I enjoy Martha and find her offerings usually to be a cut above the usual kitsch. I assumed all the shows would probably have essentially the same offerings so only taped one show. I did like some of the items, but nothing bowled me over except maybe the prices. I am sorry I missed her pretty sweater though.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I like Martha and her items, and am glad that she doesn't allow the hosts to talk over her. I like Rachel, but I feel she is really bad at doing this, as is Jane Tracy..

I remember when Lisa Robertson would always change her personality when working with Christina Carlino of Philosophy, because she too had a very commanding presence, and didn't put up with the silliness and overtalking that so many of the hosts did..

I wish more of these vendors would be that way, it would eiminate a lot of the silly talk that sometimes happens!

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN  I know some didn't like her but your observation is one of the things that I thought spoke to Lisa's professionalism. She knew how to best handle different vendors to get the most out of them and out of the presentations. She interacted with them differently based on who they were and how they presented themselves and the merchandise. She knew when she could take liberties and when she couldn't and it seemed to work well for her and for QVC.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Martha was caught looking disinterested when she thought the camera was off her.  She seemed to look 'superior' most of the time. She likes Alberi hosting, because he literally fawns ofer her.

Regular Contributor

She was getting over Covid..

Occasional Contributor

Stewart is a self-absorbed snob. She appears bored and disinterested. It's as if she's saying "no matter what stuff of mine you buy (stuff that she doesn't even design and which is overpriced), you peons will never be as great as I am".

Respected Contributor

I watch her shows but I have never bought anything from her line. I do think she really likes Alberti