Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas House, Come In...

I like this beautiful home. 

I would just change the drapes to solid color (probably white) and I would like a much paler green wall color in the Family Room.

I really like the Kitchen as is.

The Sunroom is also very appealing to me which surprises me because I am definitely not a fan of wallpaper but I do like it in that room.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the wreaths on the doors on the entrance, I love the Christmas tree and eat-in kitchen....  The rest of the rooms I dont like at all---too many different patterns in the drapes, wallpaper, furniture, and rugs, too much stuff on the entrance table, I don't like the furniture, and I dont like the artwork over the fire place.....beautiful staircase....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb  Very festive!  I like the home, not all of the decor, but I would still move right in.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

Gorgeous!!!  I did not see any clutter whatsoever.

Carmie may have a roomie she never met. Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

It's a very nice home and nicely decorated.  Not my preferred style but still done pretty well (except for that wallpaper).

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@stevieb   I really love the entrance and the stairway in the foyer.  I like the kitchen a lot, too.  I like the fireplace in the family room.  I don't like the majority of the furniture, and I don't like the colors of the walls, especially the green.

It's a gorgeous house.  I would just want different furnishings.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@stevieb   I really love the entrance and the stairway in the foyer.  I like the kitchen a lot, too.  I like the fireplace in the family room.  I don't like the majority of the furniture, and I don't like the colors of the walls, especially the green.

It's a gorgeous house.  I would just want different furnishings.

@NickNack  Tend to agree that I like the bones of the house better than the overall decor. There are some things I like quite a bit, but would prefer my own choices...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

Well done.  I would prefer a love seat or couch in the living room where there are 4 chairs.  There are a few other changes I would make.

@ECBG  I am hopeful that there is another seating area in the living room outside of camera range. I have never liked the 'conversation pit' sort of seating focused on four arm chairs and no sofa. It just always feels to me as though something is missing. The all-chair seating areas can be appealing but just aren't my cup of tea. This is an attractive grouping, but yes, looking for a settee somewhere in that room !!

Smiley Wink

Honestly, a sofa and loveseat only really offer seating for four. 

Two on the couch and two on the loveseat--which can be a little too close sometimes.  

You don't want to put three people on the couch as they would be shoulder to shoulder.  Not a comfortable conversation scenerio.

No, the chairs don't have to be facing one another, but perhaps pulled back a little more.  I like that setup.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The image of the bar...specifically the top cabinets (the lower cabinets look like a slightly different shade of blue) look almost exactly like the color of the exterior of our home. I painted it 'mood indigo' by Behr for the 2nd time a couple of years ago. I love slate blue Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful home! Very warm and inviting.