Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas House, Come In...

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

@stevieb , for the most part I love  it.  Love the art pieces.  Hate the wallpaper but then I don't care for any wallpaper.  Classic lines.  Two thumbs up!  S aka Lilysmom 

@Lilysmom1  I like wallpaper in small doses and sort of like that in the sunroom, but it's an awfully large pattern... Agree, it does feel a bit overwhelming and part of the reason, for me, is the fact that it's paired with the sofa pillows, which I don't like at all, and with a matching fabric on the chairs... I do, though, love those spindle style arm chairs, though I don't care for the fabric chosen to cover them that matches the wallpaper, thus adding to the pattern overload !! Not really loving the sofa either...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I LOVE that shade of blue used in these pictures compared to the house last week.  I don't know the name but we call it Pottery Barn blue.  I LOVE the stairway in this house but in this picture the bow at the bottom is not what I would choose ...  also the wreath on the drapery is a no no for me.  I don't like the clutter and furniture choices but love the bones of the house.  I LOVE wallpaper but not this screaming pattern ...  I'm more a damask kind of girl ...

Honored Contributor

I love it! Especially the Family Room, and the Kitchen! I don't care for the wallpaper, but overall it is a beautiful home and beautifully decorated, without going overboard!  

Honored Contributor

Beautiful home but the outside is the best feature. I love the stone on the steps. Lovely!!

Honored Contributor

I like the exterior decorations, but there’s too much blue inside for me. I’m not loving most of the furnishings & artwork. I like the kitchen best. 

Honored Contributor

Most of the furniture needs to go along with the drapes and the green wall by the Christmas tree.  The outside decorations are beautiful.

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

Overall, I like it very much.  Love most of the shades of blue used.

Esteemed Contributor

It's a pretty home for sure.  Again, too much blue and too dark, though I think the kitchen blues would grow on me.  I love the green in the room with the Christmas tree.  Why on earth though does it always seem like the front door mat doesn't match the house?!

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

It's a pretty home for sure.  Again, too much blue and too dark, though I think the kitchen blues would grow on me.  I love the green in the room with the Christmas tree.  Why on earth though does it always seem like the front door mat doesn't match the house?!

@LindaSal  About that mat... One can only assume in this case they were reluctant to give up their monogrammed door mat...

Smiley LOL

In my pantry with my cupcakes...