Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas Country Dining

It's a very pretty room but I don't like the table and wooden chairs. They look like 1950's.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

That rugs ruins the look of the room, IMO. A much larger area rug with some brighter colors would do a lot for that room!

Respected Contributor

@wilma 

In addition to what you said, I also like the french doors & the brightness of the room.  I'd be a bit worried with the greenery on the light fixtures.  Not sure it's safe.

Honored Contributor

Other than the rug needing to go, I like it. Wonder if there should be something on the doors, like two wreaths.

Honored Contributor

Ir is just OK.  I don't feel warmth or a festive feeling with this room.  I would make changes and the chairs would be the first to go.

Honored Contributor

Aside from the rug (which seems oddly placed to me), this room is more traditional than I like.  However, I think it's nicely done.

Honored Contributor

I think it looks nice, but those 4 wooden chairs would have to go, they look so uncomfortable! Otherwise a nice space!

Esteemed Contributor

I like it, but I would need a big area rug and window coverings to warm it up.

Honored Contributor

The wing chairs are too big and wouldn't fit under the table and are in the way at the ends.  Also, I hate a table with legs and a deep apron like that because every time someone moves around they bump the table.

Get rid of the ugly table and get a nice round dark wood one.  

Esteemed Contributor

Pretty table and chests in the corner.

Don't like two identical mirrors, only one.

Living rooms chairs at a dining table. Weird.