Honored Contributor

What do you think of this dining space? 

I think it looks nice, even if it’s a bit too symmetrical. It gives me a bit of a country Christmas feeling. I like the greenery with red bows on the light fixtures and mirrors. I also like the decorative white ceramic pieces on the cabinets beneath the mirrors.

I would remove the little items on the table. The runner & centerpiece are fine. I don’t think the pillow and throw on the chairs are necessary. The wooden chairs probably aren’t super comfortable. I don’t like the animal rug at all.

279D4D42-2D9D-47A7-9549-79992A97DB86.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas Country Dining

@wilma.  You're right about those chairs being uncomfortable.  My parents had them, bought from an Appalachian craftsman.  Dad wove the seats.  I never could stand them so after they died, I gave the chairs away.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I think it's kind of homey and cute, but no white or off white chairs at a dining table for me.  

IMO, curtains on the windows and doors, and a larger rug  would make it more cozy.

Honored Contributor

Looks very nice, love the decor.

Esteemed Contributor

Does not look inviting or comfortable at all. It's so cramped.  

Respected Contributor

I think it looks beautiful! I would however do parson chairs all the way round for the table.

Respected Contributor

I love the greenery on the mirrors and lighting fixtures. 💚

Honored Contributor

I would just replace the 4 uncomfortable chairs or maybe put padded 1 piece seat with back cushions on them..I even like the rug.

Homey and cute.

Honored Contributor

Nice room with good bones. I like some of the elements, including the pretty hanging lantern style lights. I like them, but wouldn't want to have to sit for very long in those rush seated ladderbacks. Some significant symmetry going on. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I think it looks lovely and homy. But I agree that the chairs look very uncomfortable!