Esteemed Contributor

Re: Christmas Country Dining

The entire room is just kind of "meh" to me.  While the Christmas decorations are nice, I'm not a "country" gal so the furniture, etc. just does not do a thing for me.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I like the way it's decorated.  Understated.  A bit too understated for me.  Those straight back chairs would not work in real life for my home.  

Honored Contributor

I like the room....but I would get a different rug and replace the white chairs, I just cant imagine what they'd look like after some regular dining....not practical

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Those wooden side chairs are uncomfortable, but I have a couple similar that I sit in various nooks in my home, and place something seasonal on them throughout the year. 

I love the look of them, and they fill small spaces with charm and a seasonal nod. 

Honored Contributor

Lovely room without being overdone.  I would think window shades on that side window might be a good investment.  Sometimes window light is highly uncomfortable in several ways.

Honored Contributor

Love it! I'll take everything except the rug. I would replace that with a simple oriental pattern, maybe because my light oak dining room furniture sits on a beautiful oriental rug my mom treasured!  Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

@wilma wrote:

What do you think of this dining space? 

I think it looks nice, even if it’s a bit too symmetrical. It gives me a bit of a country Christmas feeling. I like the greenery with red bows on the light fixtures and mirrors. I also like the decorative white ceramic pieces on the cabinets beneath the mirrors.

I would remove the little items on the table. The runner & centerpiece are fine. I don’t think the pillow and throw on the chairs are necessary. The wooden chairs probably aren’t super comfortable. I don’t like the animal rug at all.

279D4D42-2D9D-47A7-9549-79992A97DB86.jpeg

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS ........ NOT TOO OVER DONE ......SIMPLE ELEGANCE CHIC

Honored Contributor

So the owners have comfy chairs and the guests have to sit on that heavy weave with uncomfortable backs!   The centerpiece is a little too high, something low with flowers would be nice in a Christmas theme.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

So the owners have comfy chairs and the guests have to sit on that heavy weave with uncomfortable backs!   The centerpiece is a little too high, something low with flowers would be nice in a Christmas theme.

You are cracking me up........ Too funny....... who says the owners get the comfy

chairs..... I say first come first serve ha ha.   Just a joking...... but now that you bring it up ? I never even noticed.