Honored Contributor

Re: Choosing kitchen appliance colors

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Mominohio 

I was sitting in airport earlier waiting for my boarding for flight home -- I see pic i posted didn't go thru:

I'm trying again:  I kept the white appliances you can get idea from dishwasher alongside cabinet just as a reference 

1. DA50F2EE-AAD4-487A-A10E-C055DAA4B16F.jpeg

Looks good! I think the white looks much better than I was anticipating. 

Super Contributor

I think you should go for some colorful items in kitchen. Colors bring some lively vibes and beauty. You can add red, yellow and green for different items like baskets, cutlery or kitchen decor.

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I know, kind of strange to build your kitchen around a stand mixer, but I've always looked at the almond with the brown trim on the band, and wanted to build a kitchen with those same warm tones. I'm fine with something in my home looking dated, as long as it is a look I enjoy. 

When it comes down to it the Kitchen is for you and no one else.

I actually remodeled our bathroon around a Kate Spade shower curtain my SIL found for us.  That was what determined the wall color, counter and sink.  A shower curtain which we could easily replace at any time if we really wanted to.

Honored Contributor

@mimomof4 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

I know, kind of strange to build your kitchen around a stand mixer, but I've always looked at the almond with the brown trim on the band, and wanted to build a kitchen with those same warm tones. I'm fine with something in my home looking dated, as long as it is a look I enjoy. 

When it comes down to it the Kitchen is for you and no one else.

I actually remodeled our bathroon around a Kate Spade shower curtain my SIL found for us.  That was what determined the wall color, counter and sink.  A shower curtain which we could easily replace at any time if we really wanted to.

@mimomof4 

Glad to know someone else focuses in on one thing that really speaks to them, regardless of how insignificant it might be in the whole picture, and builds something they love around that. 

It's not like it's a whim. I've looked at that mixer on the counter since about 1985, and always been drawn to the color combination. It's the one thing in my kitchen (including the half a million sets of dishes I change out often) that I've never tired of as far as color combination. Must mean something! LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Have not read all the replies yet. With cream cabinets my choices would be SS- really brightens things up and is neutral. Will not detract from your gorgeous and $$$ cabinets and counter tops/ backsplash, or Black.  Cream and black: a timeless, classic neutral combo. If you go with black, add something else black to the mix, like a dining set or counter stools if you have an island. Makes the choice of appliances look more intentional.