Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@haddon9 ............Its in Waco, TX.  They give a history of it in the show.

@Imaoldhippie Thanks!  I know they are located there but I was imagining the castle being in Ireland or Scotland!  LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweet Kitties Your post made me laugh......  It made me think of the commercial where we are becoming our parents and he makes the lady throw the "live,laugh,love" sign away, LOL!!!    Totally cracks me up because my adult kids got a kick out of that commercial because I still have that sign!!!   

I do agree with you though, I think the farmhouse  thing has seen it's better days.  I do like it, but I like many different kinds of decor.

Honored Contributor

I quit watching them years ago.  Can't stand either of them but the episode where Chip ate the live cockroach did me in.  Never watched another show after I immediately changed the channel.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Visited Waco a few years back and drove by the castle.  From the outside it looked like a total mess, but you could see the potential.  It sits on a hill and I imagine has some incredible views.  When I read that they had bought the property, I thought that if anyone could restore it, it would be them.  

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  I can't take either one of them either.

He is wacko in Waco and she is so full of herself, and yes, this is my opinion.  And probably others' as well.

Honored Contributor

Re: Chip and Joanna Gaines

[ Edited ]

There are many pictures of the renovation of the castle on youtube if you type it in.  Joanna has come a long way since her early farmhouse look.  I love what she did in the castle.  Here is a small sample of it in this video:

https://youtu.be/LH8dHtfpMXs

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie   According to information on the castle's website, renovations and staging were completed this past summer and the public can now take paid tours of the house.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant    Thanks for posting thus.  They really did a very nice job with the renovation and exterior landscaping.  I'd love to know where they got that gorgeous old dining room table.  What beautiful wood!

Respected Contributor

Re: Chip and Joanna Gaines

[ Edited ]

There is a castle in Waco? Having lived there for a few years while in school,  had no idea. Seems like a strange place for one. 

Respected Contributor

I never understood what Joanna saw in that man. She is refined and he is a country bumpkin,