Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Chip Gaines from "Fixer Upper" looks disheveled

I hate Chips long hair and beard. He looks unkept. For a man to be on TV with this appearance is a disgrace. I wish Johanna would do something about it. I'm really finding his appearance to be distracting from the program. Was never a huge fan of his childish antics but at least he was well groomed. Hopefully it is just a "phase". Such a shame because I like Johanna,

Trusted Contributor

Re: Chip Gaines from "Fixer Upper" looks disheveled

@Reever I thought it looked pretty bad also. Do not know if its true, I read this is the last season, they have stretched theirselves so thin with business affairs and the children.

Respected Contributor

You can relax, it was just a "phase".  He grew out his hair so that he could donate his long locks to St. Judes children's hospital.  He's since shaved his head.  Not so bad afterall, is it?  Children's antics indeed.

Honored Contributor

@Scooby DooThanks for this info.  I quit watching the Gaines, but I really respect ST. Jude and am glad to hear Chip sacrificed his appearance for  such a good reason.

Honored Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

You can relax, it was just a "phase".  He grew out his hair so that he could donate his long locks to St. Judes children's hospital.  He's since shaved his head.  Not so bad afterall, is it?  Children's antics indeed.

My mom had mentioned him looking rather scruffy and I looked it up and learned what you mentioned here, a few weeks ago.

It does just go to show you, that people simply judge without having any information, or even questioning, why something is as it is (especially if it seems out of the ordinary, which his change in appearance was). 

People need to question before they judge.

QVC Customer Care

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

I had no idea it was all for a good cause. I thought he was the latest in what seems to be a growing trend of people growing beards.  I do apologize to the Gaines family.

Trusted Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Scooby Doo wrote:

I had no idea it was all for a good cause. I thought he was the latest in what seems to be a growing trend of people growing beards.  I do apologize to the Gaines family.

Reever, I also thought he looked a mess, and I'm not going to apologize for thinking it. He's on television for heaven's sake.  Neither am I going to spend time "researching" it to find out why he looks that way.  It's a half hour show I watched with my aunt. That's all.   

Trusted Contributor

Come to think of it Chip Gaines IS looking a bit seedy these days. He's probably started this vegetation process since he's removed himself from the demands of publicity and accountability. 

I still really like the couple, although Johanna obviously is the grown up in that relationship.

dee