Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cheery Wallpaper in DR

[ Edited ]

@Irish1210 

Maybe try Robert Allen.  That's what I have in my dining room, and it is very much like this, but in darker colors with a tan background.

It's been in my DR for 25+ years and I've never tired of it.  Very traditional/Victorian looking.

And, if you love it, get it!  Especially if you just need a few rolls.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Not my style for a DR, maybe for a shower curtain. 

Respected Contributor

So cheerful and colorful.

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono @Witchy Woman 

Thanks Ladies!!!!

I'm going to look into this paper : )

DR is quite large and will take many rolls ~ I hope this is more in my budget ~ haha!!  I papered the room myself the last time......maybe 20 years ago, but that ship has sailed so I will be paying for that work as well.

Just as an aside~~~ The paper I loved, Fontainebleau Rose, is about $600 per single roll ~~ YIKES!  

I'll keep you posted : )

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimonoIf I still had my home in the islands, the wallpaper would work well.  Not so much where I live now.  I do like the white background, and it is very light and cheery.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Since I can remember I have always loved wallpaper.  I think this print is just lovely and I would definitely put in on my walls.  It is colorful and cheery and light.  

I love the dress too, very nice!

Respected Contributor

Pretty.

Always like the look of doing something different on the top part of the wall with the  block wood treatment on the bottom. 

I would tend to do a different color paint though myself on the top part.

But, this is well done - not screaming at you, but adding design and color to the wall.

Nice bright space with the lighter floor and all the white.

(Even though, I could never do white for a chair cushion!

Would of picked up on one of the pretty colors on the wall for those.)

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

Re: Cheery Wallpaper in DR

[ Edited ]

There is very little Thibaut makes that I don't like.  I am in love with so many of their papers--the new ones and especially the classic ones. 

I even love some of the ones with monkeys and they usually creep me out!  LOL!!!

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono The curtains in my den are that pattern.  My colors are slightly different, not quite as bright.  I never thought of it as wall paper but I like it! 

Honored Contributor

It's pretty paper and a pretty room, but I'm thinking such a large and colorful all over print is probably not for me.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...