Respected Contributor

Re: Changing the sheets on the bed

I did not know that. Like you, I am always having to turn the sheets around.  Next time I change sheets I'll give your tip a try. 

Respected Contributor

Oh my gosh, I did not know this and I consider myself pretty knowledgeable in these kinds of tips. 

Thank you so much!  I'll be sure to check it out. 

Frequent Contributor

King sheets have tag on bottom left, quees are on bottom right as you look at the bed from the foot.  Read this  hint from hotel maids.

Honored Contributor

My father recently moved to an independent living community and had to buy a new bed.  I bought him some new Fieldcrest sheets from Target.  I was making up his bed for him, and they are labeled top/bottom and sides.  I wish they all were labeled like that.  I never can remember where the tag goes on my sheets.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Well I have never felt so stupid lol. Sure nuff, just checked my king sheet and the tag is bottom left. 

I feel so smart now, can hardly wait to tell everyone, lol. And the queen tip too. 

Ya'll rock!

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I've heard people mention that, about that tag (assuming they all have the tag at the same place).

But I found myself just buying sheet sets that have the tone-on-tone stripes.  They look nice and they always go vertical.

Like you, I had the same problem - every time I'd choose a direction it was the wrong one. With my physical limitations at this point and the arthritis problems, I would get extremely frustrated trying to get the fitted sheet on.

Now I ONLY purchase striped ones.  Smiley Happy

That does not always work. LOL!!! I bought a set like that & they made the fitted sheet wrong. The stripes on the fitted sheet ran horizontal to fit my king mattress & the top sheet they ran vertical. I returned them. No doubt someone messed up on the fitted sheet.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reba055 wrote:

Well I have never felt so stupid lol. Sure nuff, just checked my king sheet and the tag is bottom left. 

I feel so smart now, can hardly wait to tell everyone, lol. And the queen tip too. 

Ya'll rock!

Hmm.  I have king sheets and all my sheets definitely fit my bed much better when the tag is on the bottom right, if you are standing at the foot of the bed facing it.  They should be on the left if you are lying on your back on the bed.    If it's on any other corner, the fitted sheet just isn't quite right.

I remember reading this hint on this board awhile ago and so I looked on the web.  Everything I found is what I posted above.

Honored Contributor

I didn't know that about sheets and that tag. I have to laugh though since my husband upon helping me with the sheet changing one day, had to tuck his top corner in first so he won't get "slapped in the face during the night" I thought I'd die laughing when he said that. Poor guy! LOL

Honored Contributor

Nightowlz wrote:

chickenbutt wrote:

I've heard people mention that, about that tag (assuming they all have the tag at the same place).

But I found myself just buying sheet sets that have the tone-on-tone stripes.  They look nice and they always go vertical.

Like you, I had the same problem - every time I'd choose a direction it was the wrong one. With my physical limitations at this point and the arthritis problems, I would get extremely frustrated trying to get the fitted sheet on.

Now I ONLY purchase striped ones.  Smiley Happy

That does not always work. LOL!!! I bought a set like that & they made the fitted sheet wrong. The stripes on the fitted sheet ran horizontal to fit my king mattress & the top sheet they ran vertical. I returned them. No doubt someone messed up on the fitted sheet.

No way!  OMG, if that weren't totally aggravating it would be funny.  Can you imagine how sheets would look with horizontal stripes?  yikes

You probably got the only one in the world like that.  Well, ok, realistically it probably happened with an entire lot of sheets.   I get kind of dizzy thinking about horizontal stripes on one and vertical on the other.  gadzooks

The interesting thing is that I would figure, since I seem to live by Murphy's Law, that if anybody on the entire planet would get that horiz stripe sheet, it would be me.  ha!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have learned a lot of things on here but I have to admit my one joy was the day I read the tip from poster 151949 when she posted how to change your fitted sheets without a problem. She sure has made changing my bed a pleasure now many words not suitabe for some ears were muttered when I was changing sheets my last let say 60 some years. Not no more changing sheets and my mouth is on its best behavior. thanks again 151949  just did this chore this morning and actually smiled doing it.