Trusted Contributor

Re: Certainly inexpensive accommadations

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@151949 wrote:

My DH & I were just figuring out what we feel it costs us to stay here at the campground - not counting the price of the camper but just the site it sits on we pay about $17 a night - add in the camper - everything including insurance and  reasonable depreciation and the site rental it costs us about $50 a night. Still way less than the least expensive hotel. We have laundry facility, a game room for kids and an olympic size pool. We get to sit out side on our patio and enjot the beautiful mountains that surround us here and the shade from the gorgeous mapel, elm and oak trees - not usually available at a hotel.If we feel like going into town for dinner it is a 1 mile drive , if we feel like eating at home we can easily do that. Shopping is a short walk into town  where it is set up like a historic villiage and we can go antiquing or to an old fashion weavers shop , a tin metal shop, a museum store an old bakery and just for fun a store that sells 1960's style hippie stuff. I can't possibly imagine it would be any niceer to stay in a hotel - and would cost a whole heck of a lot more. 

I can't possibly imagine camping. There is nothing about it I would enjoy.  It is good that we have different options for all of our different likes and dislikes.  I would rather have a shorter stay in a nice hotel than a lot of time in a camper. 

I can't either. Living in a VERY small , crowded space in a trailer park for months doesn't sound appealing.

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny Sorry I would not want to say on here where it is but it is very near you. 

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Allegheny Sorry I would not want to say on here where it is but it is very near you. 

@151949  I understand.  

Honored Contributor

@KALLIE wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@151949 wrote:

My DH & I were just figuring out what we feel it costs us to stay here at the campground - not counting the price of the camper but just the site it sits on we pay about $17 a night - add in the camper - everything including insurance and  reasonable depreciation and the site rental it costs us about $50 a night. Still way less than the least expensive hotel. We have laundry facility, a game room for kids and an olympic size pool. We get to sit out side on our patio and enjot the beautiful mountains that surround us here and the shade from the gorgeous mapel, elm and oak trees - not usually available at a hotel.If we feel like going into town for dinner it is a 1 mile drive , if we feel like eating at home we can easily do that. Shopping is a short walk into town  where it is set up like a historic villiage and we can go antiquing or to an old fashion weavers shop , a tin metal shop, a museum store an old bakery and just for fun a store that sells 1960's style hippie stuff. I can't possibly imagine it would be any niceer to stay in a hotel - and would cost a whole heck of a lot more. 

I can't possibly imagine camping. There is nothing about it I would enjoy.  It is good that we have different options for all of our different likes and dislikes.  I would rather have a shorter stay in a nice hotel than a lot of time in a camper. 

I can't either. Living in a VERY small space in a trailer park for months doesn't sound appealing.

And each and every time this subject is discussed you come and make a point to tell us this -- OK we get it !!!!

Honored Contributor

I can put it back if you want. It's your call. 

Trusted Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@KALLIE wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I can't either. Living in a VERY small space in a trailer park for months doesn't sound appealing.

And each and every time this subject is discussed you come and make a point to tell us this -- OK we get it !!!!

And we get it that you think this is the GREATEST way to live. Woman LOL

QVC Customer Care

This thread has been locked for futher comments....